Bon Jovi Celebrates 30 Years With Reissue Campaign
The band will reissue its 1988 classic, "New Jersey," on July 1.
Bon Jovi will celebrate 30 years of rock and roll with a major catalog reissue campaign kicking off July 1.
The first record reissued will be the band's 1988 album, New Jersey, which will be available as a remastered single disc reissue, a two-disc deluxe edition and a super-deluxe edition with a DVD, according to RollingStone.com.
Included in the package are three bonus cuts originally released as B-sides, as well as 13 unreleased demos and a 32-page booklet with commentary and rare photographs from the New Jersey recording sessions and subsequent tour. The super-deluxe edition will feature a 60-page soft-cover book and the behind-the-scenes documentary, Access All Areas: A Rock & Roll Odyssey, which includes footage of the New Jersey World Tour, including the band's show at Lenin Stadium in Moscow. The footage as well as seven music videos, initially released in 1990 on VHS, will be available for the first time on DVD.
Bon Jovi recently won the top touring award at the Billboard Music Awards. Their song "Lay Your Hands on Me" was recently covered by Dolly Parton on her new album, Blue Smoke, which debuted in the No. 2 position on the Billboard Country Albums chart and No. 6 on the Billboard 200.
The group plans more reissues later this year.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'
- Get Creeped Out By the Latest Demon-Filled 'Constantine' Trailer (VIDEO)