Bon Jovi Drummer Tico Torres Undergoes Another Emergency Surgery
The 59-year old musician, who was rushed to the hospital with severe pain in his abdomen, promises to be "back on stage soon."
Bon Jovi took to the stage at the Rock in Rio Festival in Rio De Janeiro without a key member of the band: Tico Torres.
Torres was rushed to the hospital for a second time with severe pain in his abdomen. The 59-year old drummer underwent emergency gall bladder surgery, according to the band's website.
"This follows an emergency appendectomy last week," reports the band. "He is expected to return to the stage and the Bon Jovi tour in the very near future.”
New Jersey drummer Rich Scannella wiil fill in for Torres as the band soldiers on for its "Because We Can" tour.
"Tico Torres has been the heart and soul of our band since we started 30 years ago,” said Jon Bon Jovi. “He’s also one tough SOB and we look forward to him again pounding away brilliantly at the drums on remainder of this and future tours.”
Torres expressed disappointment that he will not be performing in the near future, but promised in a statement that he will "be there in spirit and back on stage soon."
"I would like to say a quick Thank You to all of you who have kept me in your thoughts thus far," he wrote. "There is nothing that can prepare one for a medical emergency but I have been taken especially good care of and would again like to thank all my doctors and health care professionals."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama