Bow Wow Responds to 'Catfish' Impersonation: 'I Would Like to Meet Them' (Video)
The rapper says he's pleased to have been a subject of the MTV reality show, saying: "I like it, it's free promo."
They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery, and Bow Wow was certainly flattered by this week's episode of Catfish.
The Young Money rapper found himself the subject of on online dating scheme featured on the MTV series, in which 19-year-old Keyonnah believed that she was involved in an Internet relationship with him. According to the teen, she sent Bow Wow a message via his Facebook fan page and received a response. The duo exchanged numbers and began talking regularly online -- though Bow Wow was suspiciously never available to video chat. He did, however, allegedly send Keyonnah $10,000 at one point during their four-month courtship.
The catch? The "Bow Wow" in question was actually an Atlanta-based, female rapper dubbed "Dee Pimpin."
"I feel honored," Bow Wow said of the situation. "It's dope and it's flattering when someone wants to be you… That's crazy, but I like it. It's free promo for myself."
The 26-year-old host of BET's 106 & Park made his remarks in an online video for the show, suggesting that both Keyonnah and Dee Pimpin meet with him "on his time."
"Quite frankly, I would actually like to meet them both," he said. "Here's a message for the girl who got Catfished and to the person who was pretending to be me: I am opening the door here at my house and I'm inviting you to come to 106 & Park to sit down so I can ask you two some questions. We gotta do it on my time, though. On our network, on our show."
He also had a few words of wisdom to those currently engaged in cyber relationships.
"Everybody out there Internet cyber dating, just make sure you know who you’re talking to. I guess that’s the best thing I can say," he said. "That’s why I don’t really do things like that. I don’t talk to women over the Internet." With a brief pause, he added with a laugh: "I’m lying! I do it all the time!"
Watch video of Bow Wow's response below.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills