Bow Wow Responds to 'Catfish' Impersonation: 'I Would Like to Meet Them' (Video)
The rapper says he's pleased to have been a subject of the MTV reality show, saying: "I like it, it's free promo."
They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery, and Bow Wow was certainly flattered by this week's episode of Catfish.
The Young Money rapper found himself the subject of on online dating scheme featured on the MTV series, in which 19-year-old Keyonnah believed that she was involved in an Internet relationship with him. According to the teen, she sent Bow Wow a message via his Facebook fan page and received a response. The duo exchanged numbers and began talking regularly online -- though Bow Wow was suspiciously never available to video chat. He did, however, allegedly send Keyonnah $10,000 at one point during their four-month courtship.
The catch? The "Bow Wow" in question was actually an Atlanta-based, female rapper dubbed "Dee Pimpin."
"I feel honored," Bow Wow said of the situation. "It's dope and it's flattering when someone wants to be you… That's crazy, but I like it. It's free promo for myself."
The 26-year-old host of BET's 106 & Park made his remarks in an online video for the show, suggesting that both Keyonnah and Dee Pimpin meet with him "on his time."
"Quite frankly, I would actually like to meet them both," he said. "Here's a message for the girl who got Catfished and to the person who was pretending to be me: I am opening the door here at my house and I'm inviting you to come to 106 & Park to sit down so I can ask you two some questions. We gotta do it on my time, though. On our network, on our show."
He also had a few words of wisdom to those currently engaged in cyber relationships.
"Everybody out there Internet cyber dating, just make sure you know who you’re talking to. I guess that’s the best thing I can say," he said. "That’s why I don’t really do things like that. I don’t talk to women over the Internet." With a brief pause, he added with a laugh: "I’m lying! I do it all the time!"
Watch video of Bow Wow's response below.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
What's Hot In Music
- INTERVIEW: Chloë Grace Moretz, Liana Liberato, and Gayle Forman on If I Stay
- Dead Daisies and Beyond: Chats with Dizzy Reed, The Verve Pipe's Brian Vander Ark, Jean-Luc Ponty and Uriah Heep's Mick Box
- The Ever Changing Face of the Music Industry
- Michael Egan Can't Find A Lawyer In Case Against Bryan Singer
- New 'Walking Dead' Teaser Features Screaming, Uncertainty, and...Gas Masks? (VIDEO)
- 13 WTF Moments In MTV VMAs History (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt Dressed as Star-Lord for a Visit to a Children's Hospital, Melting Our Hearts in the Process
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: 10 Things You Need to Know About the Comic-Book Sequel