Brandy and Monica's 'It All Belongs to Me' Video Debuts (Video)
The singers reunite 14 years after their hit "The Boy Is Mine."
It looks like Brandy Norwood and Monica have done some growing up in the 14 years since they collaborated on the hit song “The Boy Is Mine.”
The '90s R&B sensations released the music video for their new song, “It All Belongs to Me,” which features the women kicking their lame men to the curb rather than fighting over the same man.
The Chris Robinson-directed video focuses on female empowerment rather than competition for a man. In it, the two women buy nice things for their men. However, when their men end up being lazy, good-for-nothing losers, the songstresses take back all the stuff that belongs to them and hit the road. Things that belong to them include: that watch, that car, and yes, even that Macbook.
The track, produced by Rico Love, appears on both Monica's New Life album (out April 10) and Brandy's forthcoming venture with RCA's Chameleon Records.
"The song was so special," Brandy recently told THR about working on the new track with Monica. "We [have] both been through a lot of different things in our lives, and we just wanted to say something completely different than the boy is mine and I'm just happy to be working with Monica again, this is truly a blessing."
"The Boy Is Mine," which was the top-selling song of 1998, earned a Grammy Award for best R&B performance by a duo or group. It was a track on Monica's album of the same name from the same year, which also spun off two other hit songs, "The First NIght" and "Angel of Mine." Monica has had continued success as an R&B artist and her previous album, Still Standing, spawned the No. 1 song, "Everything to Me."
Watch the video below:
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Hippie Blues: 45 Years of Led Zeppelin
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'