'Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2' Soundtrack to Feature Green Day, Ellie Goulding
The compilation album will be available on Nov. 13 and also includes a duet from actress Nikki Reed and her "American Idol" husband, Paul McDonald.
Twihards may not be the typical fanbase for longtime punk rockers Green Day, but the band will appeal to a whole new demographic with the release of Twilight: Breaking Dawn -- Part 2's forthcoming soundtrack.
Green Day's "The Forgotten" will be the album's lead single, Chop Shop and Atlantic Records announced in a press release on Monday, and will be released digitally on Oct. 23 -- the same day pre-orders for the album begin. The soundtrack itself arrives in stores on Nov. 13, just three days before the film's theatrical release.
"When we were asked to be part of the Breaking Dawn -- Part 2 soundtrack, we readily agreed because the films are an insane cultural phenomenon," says Green Day bassist Mike Dirnt. "We have always been impressed with the way the Twilight soundtracks are carefully curated."
Also featured on the soundtrack is Ellie Goulding, whose "Bittersweet" was produced by Sonny Moore (a.k.a. Goulding's real-life beau and Grammy Award-winner Skrillex). Other artists include Feist, Passion Pit, St. Vincent, Reeve Carney and Christina Perri, who follows Breaking Dawn -- Part 1's "A Thousand Years" with "A Thousand Years (Part 2)," featuring Steve Kazee.
"I am so honored and excited to be involved again in this final film and soundtrack," says Perri. "I'm also super happy 'A Thousand Years' is making a comeback, but it's not the same … you'll just have to wait and see how."
Twilight actress Nikki Reed (Rosalie Hale) makes her singing debut on the soundtrack with "All I Ever Needed," a duet with her husband, American Idol alum Paul McDonald.
Chop Shop Music Supervision owner Alexandra Patsavas returns as producer and music supervisor of the soundtrack, working closely with the film's director Bill Condon in selecting the tracklisting. Paul Katz of Eye2Ear Music also serves as a producer of the album, as well as Summit's consultant for the movie's music and soundtracks.
The final chapter in Summit's The Twilight Saga hits theaters on Nov. 16.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@thr.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Weekend Box Office: Scarlett Johannson's 'Lucy' Beats The Rock's 'Hercules'
- All About That Mind-Blowing 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage From Comic-Con 2014
- 10 Facts About 'Godzilla 2,' 'Crimson Peak,' 'Skull Island,' and More, Straight From Comic-Con 2014
- Everything Revealed About the 'Goosebumps' Movie at Comic-Con 2014
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport