Britney Spears Announces Two-Year Vegas Show, 'Gives Props' to Miley Cyrus
The pop superstar also revealed the release date for her eighth studio album on Tuesday's "Good Morning America."
Britney Spears confirmed weeks of speculation Tuesday morning, announcing that she'd signed a deal for a two-year residency at Las Vegas' Planet Hollywood.
Spears made the announcement on Good Morning America, where she was surprised by more than 1,000 fans -- wearing "...Baby One More Time"-inspired outfits -- in the Las Vegas desert.
The pop superstar's show, Britney, Piece of Me, will be an action-packed hybrid of club and theater, featuring her greatest hits and a few new songs.
"We wanted the environment to be that way so people could come and have a good time and stand up and feel like they're in the show with me," Spears told GMA. "I love Vegas. The energy here is really, really good."
Spears' two-year stint begins Dec. 27 and will include 50 shows, but she told GMA she's not yet sure if she'll move there full-time.
Fans who go to Vegas to check out her show may also get a glimpse of her son Preston, whom Spears said "will probably be on stage."
Spears also revealed that her still-untitled eighth studio album will be released Dec. 3, the day after her 32nd birthday. The first single, "Work Bitch," debuted this weekend.
The album will also feature songs about her breakup with manager-turned-fiance Jason Trawick.
"I wrote a lot about [that]," Spears said. "I think everybody can relate to that. I think to them, they want to know that a superstar goes through the same process of a breakup as they do."
Spears, who's been criticized for racy performances of her own throughout her career, also weighed in on another former child star embroiled in a similar controversy: Miley Cyrus.
"I think any time you do a performance that is memorable, you're going to have criticism," Spears said of Cyrus' performance with Robin Thicke at the MTV Video Music Awards. "I think she's doing her thing, being herself. So I give props to her."
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Greg Scarnici Recreates Iconic Madonna 'Sex' Book As 'Sex In Drag'
- 'Na Maloom Afraad': Revival of Pakistani Cinema in Progress
- Sister Cristina Scuccia, The Singing Nun, Releases 'Like A Virgin' Cover (Without The Naughty Bits)
- Maitland Ward's Sheer Dress Is The Sheerest of All Sheer Dresses And NSFW
- David Alan Basche Tells Us His 5 Favorite Movies Featuring Sitcom Stars
- 'Saturday Night Live' Adds Leslie Jones to Cast
- Best of Late Night TV: Ice Cube Talks N.W.A. Movie, Alan Cumming Recalls Shia's 'Cabaret' Arrest (VIDEO)
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes the Washington Redskins Wouldn't Change Their Name
- Jennifer Lawrence Introduces Honoree Elizabeth Banks at Elle Women in Hollywood (Video)
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Makes First Offical Appearance Since Suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum - See The Pics Here!