Britney Spears Debuts 'Perfume,' Second Single From Upcoming 'Britney Jean' Album
The singer releases the new tune, produced by Will.i.am and co-written by Spears and Sia, on Facebook.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
After Britney Spears commanded her millions of followers to work, bitch on her first Britney Jean single, the pop superstar has spritzed the gliding mid-tempo ballad "Perfume" as the second offering from her eighth studio album, due out Dec. 3.
Produced by Will.i.am and co-written by Spears and Sia, "Perfume" (which you can listen to right here) allows Spears to momentarily discard the confident exterior of "Work Bitch" and express vulnerability over "paranoid" feelings about her romantic interest. "Have you been thinking 'bout her or about me/And while I wait I put on my perfume, yeah I want it all over you/I gotta mark my territory," Spears admits over waltzing synthesizers and sparkling rhythms.
"'Perfume' is incredibly special to me because it hits close to home, and I think the story is relatable to everyone," Spears told E! about the new track. "Everyone's been through an insecure moment in a relationship that's left them vulnerable and I think this song captures that."
Britney Jean, which follows 2011's Femme Fatale, is available for pre-order beginning on Tuesday. Following Spears' album release next month, the singer will kick off her "Piece of Me" residency at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas on Dec. 27.
"I have been through a lot in the past few years and it has really inspired me to dig deeper and write songs that I think everyone can relate to," Spears wrote in a recent letter to fans. "Working with people like Sia, William Orbit, and of course Will.i.am has been an amazing experience. They have listened to all of my ideas and helped me bring them to life."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- 'Batman vs. Superman': Production Begins in Michigan?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 7 Things You Need to Know About the Intergalactic Epic
- Chris Hemsworth Says 'Age of Ultron' Is 'Bigger' & 'Crazier' Than the First 'Avengers'
- Kristen Bell on Her 'Veronica Mars' Homecoming, Tasering the Paparazzi, and Being the Next Bill Shatner