Britney Spears Toned Down 'Work Bitch' Sexuality 'Because I'm a Mother' (Audio)
The pop superstar says she cut half of what they shot for the S&M-themed video.
Britney Spears' video for her new single "Work Bitch" features the pop superstar whipping her subordinates and dancing around seductively in a number of midriff-baring ensembles, including a bondage-inspired two-piece with fishnet stockings and thigh-high boots.
But Spears says the S&M-themed clip is actually much tamer than the version she and her team initially filmed.
"We showed way more skin and did way more stuff for the video then what is actually there," Spears said during an interview on Boston radio station 103.3. "Like, I cut out half the video because I am a mother and because, you know, I have children, and it’s just hard to play sexy mom while you’re being a pop star as well. It's kind of like this thing. I just have to be true to myself and, you know, feel it out when I do stuff, and just let 'em know."
When asked if that means that people are pushing her further than she wants to go and she decides certain things have to be cut in editing, she laughed nervously and said, "Yes."
In fact, Spears said if it was up to her, she might make an old-school video with just one outfit and lots of dancing.
“A lot of sex goes into what I do. But sometimes I would like to bring it back to the old days when there was like one outfit through the whole video, and you’re just dancing the whole video, and there’s not that much sex stuff going on," she said. "It's about the dance and it’s old school, it’s like keeping it real and just making it about the dance. I’d love to do a video like that.”
"Work Bitch" is the first single off Spears' as-yet-untitled album, which is set to be released Dec. 3. Later that month, she begins a two-year residency at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas.
Listen to Spears' full radio interview (and watch the "Work Bitch" video) below.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Power of Pitbull: 'Timber' Rapper Reveals Plan to Become Next Billion-Dollar Brand
- New Photos From Kurt Cobain Suicide Released by Seattle Police
- Judd Apatow Reveals His Penis Rule and Talks About 'Girls' Sex Scenes Banned by HBO
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
What's Hot In Music
- After 22 years, Lella Smith checks out as Creative Director of Disney's Animation Research Library
- Christine McVie Joins Fleetwood Mac For Upcoming On With the Show Tour
- Jordin Sparks Reminds Us What It Looks Like To Be A Kid Of The '90s
- The 16th Thessaloniki Documentary Film Festival: from Donald Rumsfeld to ADHD
- This Exhaustive '80s Montage Will Make You Long for the 'Me' Decade (VIDEO)
- This 'Haunted House 2' Poster Has Plenty to Say About 'Insidious Chapter 2' (EXCLUSIVE)
- The 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Teaser Trailer Has Us Super Pumped (VIDEO)
- 'Sabotage' Review: 10 Things to Know About the New Arnold Schwarzenegger Movie