Britney Spears Unveils 'Britney Jean' Album Art With Personal Letter
"I poured my heart and soul into this album and it's been an incredible journey," the pop star writes.
Britney Spears is getting personal with her latest album.
In unveiling the official artwork for Britney Jean, the pop star penned a hand-written note to her legions of fans.
"I poured my heart and soul into this album and it's been an incredible journey," she writes. "I've learned a lot about myself, and as I am finishing, I am reminded of the incredible foundation that has supported me for the last 15 years."
Spears describes Britney Jean as her "most personal record yet" and a "labor of love" while offering props to collaborators Sia, Wiliam Orbit and the album's executive producer Will.i.am. "I want to show you the different side of Britney Spears," she writes. "I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean."
The letter can be read in full below and on Spears' official website.
Britney Jean -- featuring the hit single "Work Bitch" -- is due out Dec. 3. Spears also announced the Nov. 5 release of her next single, "Perfume."
I haven't sat down to write you guys in SUCH a long time. Long overdue! We're all so used to getting our thoughts out in 140 characters, but sometimes its nice to take time to sit down and write something a little longer and more personal. I am putting the finishing touches on my new album, "Britney Jean" over the next few days and I am so excited for you to hear it. I poured my heart and soul into this album and it's been an incredible journey. I've learned a lot about myself, and as I am finishing, I am reminded of the incredible foundation that has supported me for the last 15 years. Thank you all for continuing to follow me on this journey and for allowing me to do what I love to do. I can’t believe this is my eighth studio album and I know I keep telling you that it is my most personal record yet, but its true and I’m really proud of that.
I have been through a lot in the past few years and it has really inspired me to dig deeper and write songs that I think everyone can relate to. Working with people like Sia, William Orbit, and of course Will.i.am has been an amazing experience. They have listened to all of my ideas and helped me bring them to life. There are a lot of really fun, upbeat dance songs, but it was important to me that I show my strength, and my attitude, and my vulnerability. Of course, I also have some surprises for you guys ;)
I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean.
Hope you love my labor of love!
What's Hot In Music
- Dierks Bentley Weighs In On The 'Girl Crush' Country Radio Controversy
- Cookie Lyon of Fox's 'Empire' Sheds Rare Light on Black Women's Incarceration and Reentry
- Ryan Reynolds Spoofs Burt Reynolds In First 'Deadpool' Photo
- What Lindsay From 'Freaks And Geeks' Would Be Up To Today, According to Linda Cardellini
- Sean Hayes & Hubby Lip Sync Iggy Azalea & Jennifer Hudson's 'Trouble' - Watch Now!
- Kim Kardashian's Platinum Blonde Hair Looks Amazing on 'Elle France' April 2015 Cover
- Zayn Malik & Fiancee Perrie Edwards Spotted Out Separately After Leaving One Direction
- Carey Mulligan Talks Cooking Spaghetti Bolognese in 'Skylight' Every Night on 'The Tonight Show' - Watch Here!