Britney Spears Unveils 'Britney Jean' Album Art With Personal Letter
"I poured my heart and soul into this album and it's been an incredible journey," the pop star writes.
Britney Spears is getting personal with her latest album.
In unveiling the official artwork for Britney Jean, the pop star penned a hand-written note to her legions of fans.
"I poured my heart and soul into this album and it's been an incredible journey," she writes. "I've learned a lot about myself, and as I am finishing, I am reminded of the incredible foundation that has supported me for the last 15 years."
Spears describes Britney Jean as her "most personal record yet" and a "labor of love" while offering props to collaborators Sia, Wiliam Orbit and the album's executive producer Will.i.am. "I want to show you the different side of Britney Spears," she writes. "I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean."
The letter can be read in full below and on Spears' official website.
Britney Jean -- featuring the hit single "Work Bitch" -- is due out Dec. 3. Spears also announced the Nov. 5 release of her next single, "Perfume."
I haven't sat down to write you guys in SUCH a long time. Long overdue! We're all so used to getting our thoughts out in 140 characters, but sometimes its nice to take time to sit down and write something a little longer and more personal. I am putting the finishing touches on my new album, "Britney Jean" over the next few days and I am so excited for you to hear it. I poured my heart and soul into this album and it's been an incredible journey. I've learned a lot about myself, and as I am finishing, I am reminded of the incredible foundation that has supported me for the last 15 years. Thank you all for continuing to follow me on this journey and for allowing me to do what I love to do. I can’t believe this is my eighth studio album and I know I keep telling you that it is my most personal record yet, but its true and I’m really proud of that.
I have been through a lot in the past few years and it has really inspired me to dig deeper and write songs that I think everyone can relate to. Working with people like Sia, William Orbit, and of course Will.i.am has been an amazing experience. They have listened to all of my ideas and helped me bring them to life. There are a lot of really fun, upbeat dance songs, but it was important to me that I show my strength, and my attitude, and my vulnerability. Of course, I also have some surprises for you guys ;)
I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean.
Hope you love my labor of love!
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Wish I Was Here' Star Ashley Greene Wants You to Check Out These 5 TV Shows & Movies
- Best of Late Night TV: "Guardians of the Galaxy" Cast Takes Over Kimmel, Kate Hudson Plays Box of Lies (VIDEO)
- This 'You've Got To Be Kidding Me' Supercut Is One For The Ages
- Katie Holmes Behind the Camera in 'In Short'
- Charlie Hunnam Speaks Up About 'Sons of Anarchy' Emmy Snubs at FX TCA Panel
- Daniel Radcliffe Premieres 'What If' in Toronto After Closing Out Broadway's 'Cripple of Inishmaan'
- Selena Gomez & Cara Delevingne are Saint-Tropez Bikini Babes!
- LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian Missed His Kids So Much During Reality Show Promo Trip