Britney Spears Uses Her Fragrance to Mark Territory in "Perfume" (Video)
In her music video for the mid-tempo "Britney Jean" ballad, the singer touts a bottle of her Fantasy scent in an attempt to ward off a lover's girlfriend.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
The latest Britney Jean track to get the music video treatment is Britney Spears' vulnerable mid-tempo love ballad "Perfume" -- and the clip, which was released on Tuesday, finds the pop superstar in a dimly lit, fragrance-heavy love triangle.
Director Joseph Khan (who previously worked on Spears' "Toxic" and "Womanizer" videos) stays true to the lyrical content, weaving a tale of jealousy and an ill-fated engagement ring around the contemplative second single.
It's a video that captures the highs of a passionate relationship, but also plenty of the lows, which define it in the end. After all, Spears did say this was her "most personal album" to date (check out Billboard's examination of that claim here).
Produced by will.i.am and co-written by Sia, "Perfume" is the latest single from Britney Jean. So far, it's peaked at No. 76 on the Hot 100.
"'Perfume' is incredibly special to me because it hits close to home, and I think the story is relatable to everyone," Spears told E! about the song last month. "Everyone's been through an insecure moment in a relationship that's left them vulnerable, and I think this song captures that."
Watch the full video for "Perfume" below:
What do you think of Spears' latest video? Sound off in the comments below.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project
- Renee Zellweger Breaks Silence on New Look: 'I'm Glad Folks Think I Look Different'