For Sale: House Where Bruce Springsteen Wrote 'Born To Run'
The New Jersey bungalow where the landmark 1975 album was born is on the market for $349,000.
Bruce Springsteen fans now have an opportunity to own a piece of rock history.
The two-bedroom cottage in Long Branch, N.J., where the Freehold native wrote the lyrics to his breakthrough album Born to Run is up for sale for a cool $349,000, according to the Asbury Park Press.
The listing might be a bit pricey for a Jersey Shore bungalow, but the ghost of its famous former resident has escalated its asking price.
“It went on sale Friday, and I’ve had about 40 calls and another 40 contacts, mainly through emails,” said real estate agent Susan McLaughlin of Keller Williams Realty.
The property has five owners, said McLaughlin. She added that if no one wants to buy the house outright, the owners would consider selling a one-third stake in the property for a price that has yet to be set.
Springsteen lived in the house in 1974 and ’75 and composed the album -- which includes the classics “Born to Run,” “Thunder Road,” “Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out,” “She's the One” and “Jungleland” -- during that time period. According to local folklore, Bob Dylan was looking for the house in 2009 when he was detained by Long Branch police, McLaughlin said.
“[Dylan] was visiting the former homes of Jim Morrison and a number of rock stars, just looking to get the feel of the music and pick up the vibes of these properties,” McLaughlin said. “He [mistakenly] went to West End Avenue, and this is West End Court.”
Springsteen’s Wrecking Ball tour will resume March 14 in Australia, with Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello taking over for Steven Van Zandt, who is filming the second season of his Netflix drama Lilyhammer.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public