Bruce Springsteen's New Album Released Early on Amazon
The rocker's 18th studio release, "High Hopes," became available Saturday -- two weeks ahead of its announced release date.
Fans expecting to wait two more weeks for the new Bruce Springsteen album got a surprise Saturday.
The New Jersey rocker's 18th studio album, High Hopes, became available for purchase and download via Amazon, despite an announced Jan. 14 release date.
High Hopes was released through Amazon's mobile website in an MP3 format, Billboard reports, and is now available through file-sharing websites by those who purchased the album through Amazon. It is unclear if the early release was an intentional move on Amazon's part.
Springsteen’s new album features appearances by Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello and the final recorded appearances by late E Street Band members Clarence Clemons and Danny Federici.
The E Street Band will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this April.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Jenny McCarthy Slams Rumor She Criticized Melissa McCarthy's Weight
- Jenny Lewis Doesn't Want To Be An 'Old Little Girl'
- Nicki Minaj Delays 'Anaconda' Release, But Gives Us Another Salacious Instagram Post
- How James Gunn Turned 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Into The Coolest & Weirdest Blockbuster Of 2014
- 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Trailer Suggests That Playtime Is Over (VIDEO)
- Weekend Box Office: Scarlett Johannson's 'Lucy' Beats The Rock's 'Hercules'
- All About That Mind-Blowing 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage From Comic-Con 2014
- 10 Facts About 'Godzilla 2,' 'Crimson Peak,' 'Skull Island,' and More, Straight From Comic-Con 2014