Bruce Springsteen's Son Joins the Fire Department in New Jersey
Springsteen's youngest son, Sam, graduated on Jan. 15 from the Monmouth County Fire Academy.
Bruce Springsteen’s youngest son, Sam, was just 8 years old when his father released The Rising, a reflection on the 9/11 attacks with songs of brave firemen going into the fire to save lives while risking their own.
This month, the 20-year-old Springsteen was among a class of 42 graduates from the Monmouth County Fire Academy in Howell, NJ. Springsteen and his wife, Patti Scialfa, attended the Jan. 15 ceremony.
Scialfa shared a photo of her son, who will join the Colts Neck Fire Department, in uniform on Instagram.
"My youngest son, Sam, graduated from Monmouth County Fire Academy tonight," she wrote, adding the hashtags "#Proud" and "#OurFamilyHero."
The course covers 188 hours of rescue. Classes 100 and 101 officially completed their training in areas including rescue, fire extinguishment, hazmat and CPR with graduation ceremonies at the Route 33 facility.
“This is not an easy course,” Monmouth County Fire Marshal Henry Stryker III told the Asbury Park Press. “There’s a lot of physical stuff and a lot of book work."
What's Hot In Music
- This 'How to Get Away With Murder' First Look Is Getting Us Excited for ABC's Thursday Night Lineup (VIDEO)
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Made Quite the Ratings Splash
- Weekend Movies & TV: 'Guardians of the Galaxy,' 'Get on Up,' 'The Killing,' & More (VIDEO)
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Review: 10 Things You Need to Know About Marvel's Newest Franchise
- Lily Aldridge, Candice Swanepoel, & Chrissy Teigen Pose for 'Watch Hunger Stop' Campaign
- Blake Shelton Surprises Usher at His New Look Foundation 15th Anniversary Kick Off Celebration!
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Already Has Her Emmy 2014 Dress Picked Out!
- Heidi Klum Rolls on the Floor with Jimmy Fallon - Watch Now!