Bruce Springsteen's Son Joins the Fire Department in New Jersey
Springsteen's youngest son, Sam, graduated on Jan. 15 from the Monmouth County Fire Academy.
Bruce Springsteen’s youngest son, Sam, was just 8 years old when his father released The Rising, a reflection on the 9/11 attacks with songs of brave firemen going into the fire to save lives while risking their own.
This month, the 20-year-old Springsteen was among a class of 42 graduates from the Monmouth County Fire Academy in Howell, NJ. Springsteen and his wife, Patti Scialfa, attended the Jan. 15 ceremony.
Scialfa shared a photo of her son, who will join the Colts Neck Fire Department, in uniform on Instagram.
"My youngest son, Sam, graduated from Monmouth County Fire Academy tonight," she wrote, adding the hashtags "#Proud" and "#OurFamilyHero."
The course covers 188 hours of rescue. Classes 100 and 101 officially completed their training in areas including rescue, fire extinguishment, hazmat and CPR with graduation ceremonies at the Route 33 facility.
“This is not an easy course,” Monmouth County Fire Marshal Henry Stryker III told the Asbury Park Press. “There’s a lot of physical stuff and a lot of book work."
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch