Bruno Mars Breaks Silence on His Mother's Death
Thanking fans for their support, the singer says: "I'll be back on my feet again soon."
Bruno Mars has broken his silence on the loss of his mother, Bernadette Hernandez, who died Saturday of a brain aneurysm.
Taking to Twitter on Thursday night, the superstar singer wrote: "So thankful for all the love during the most difficult time in my life. Ill [sic] be back on my feet again soon. Thats [sic] what mom wants, she told me."
A Hawaii resident, Hernandez, 55, was a former hula dancer and singer who immigrated to the United States from the Philippines and had nurtured her son’s interest in entertainment.
The Grammy-winning Mars is slated to kick off a world tour on June 22 in Washington, D.C.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Box Office: Why Did 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Have the Weakest Opening of the Franchise?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5, Episode 7 Recap: You're Not Holding it Right
- Weekend Box Office: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1' Soars to the Top Spot
- 10 of the Greatest Movie Transformations Ever
- Jennifer Aniston Says She Couldn't Have Done 'Cake' Five Years Ago
- Gwen Stefani Drops 'Spark the Fire' Produced by Pharrell Williams - Full Song & Lyrics!
- Kate Beckinsale Grabs Dinner with Hubby Len Wiseman After Introducing One Direction at AMAs 2014!
- Melissa McCarthy Set to Star As Tinker Bell in Upcoming Film