Bruno Mars Breaks Silence on His Mother's Death
Thanking fans for their support, the singer says: "I'll be back on my feet again soon."
Bruno Mars has broken his silence on the loss of his mother, Bernadette Hernandez, who died Saturday of a brain aneurysm.
Taking to Twitter on Thursday night, the superstar singer wrote: "So thankful for all the love during the most difficult time in my life. Ill [sic] be back on my feet again soon. Thats [sic] what mom wants, she told me."
A Hawaii resident, Hernandez, 55, was a former hula dancer and singer who immigrated to the United States from the Philippines and had nurtured her son’s interest in entertainment.
The Grammy-winning Mars is slated to kick off a world tour on June 22 in Washington, D.C.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Fargo' Season 2 Scoop: It's Getting Real In Sioux Falls
- The Real-to-Reel Life of Former NYPD Detective and TV/Movie Producer Sonny Grosso Keeps on Rolling
- Jonah Hill Officiated Pal Adam Levine's Wedding To Behati Prinsloo's Wedding
- 'The Flash' Scoop Reveals Enemies, Friends, Crossovers And A Gay Character