Bruno Mars Breaks Silence on His Mother's Death
Thanking fans for their support, the singer says: "I'll be back on my feet again soon."
Bruno Mars has broken his silence on the loss of his mother, Bernadette Hernandez, who died Saturday of a brain aneurysm.
Taking to Twitter on Thursday night, the superstar singer wrote: "So thankful for all the love during the most difficult time in my life. Ill [sic] be back on my feet again soon. Thats [sic] what mom wants, she told me."
A Hawaii resident, Hernandez, 55, was a former hula dancer and singer who immigrated to the United States from the Philippines and had nurtured her son’s interest in entertainment.
The Grammy-winning Mars is slated to kick off a world tour on June 22 in Washington, D.C.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Jennifer Garner's Birthday Will Be Spent At A Talent Show
- Pharrell Williams Tells Oprah About The Big Mistake He Made On His First Solo Album (VIDEO)
- The First 'Orange Is The New Black' Season 2 Trailer Is Finally Here And It's Amazing
- A Bloods General Describes Gang Life In Exclusive Clip From Tribeca Film, 'Five Star'