Bruno Mars Breaks Silence on His Mother's Death
Thanking fans for their support, the singer says: "I'll be back on my feet again soon."
Bruno Mars has broken his silence on the loss of his mother, Bernadette Hernandez, who died Saturday of a brain aneurysm.
Taking to Twitter on Thursday night, the superstar singer wrote: "So thankful for all the love during the most difficult time in my life. Ill [sic] be back on my feet again soon. Thats [sic] what mom wants, she told me."
A Hawaii resident, Hernandez, 55, was a former hula dancer and singer who immigrated to the United States from the Philippines and had nurtured her son’s interest in entertainment.
The Grammy-winning Mars is slated to kick off a world tour on June 22 in Washington, D.C.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!