Bruno Mars Breaks Silence on His Mother's Death
Thanking fans for their support, the singer says: "I'll be back on my feet again soon."
Bruno Mars has broken his silence on the loss of his mother, Bernadette Hernandez, who died Saturday of a brain aneurysm.
Taking to Twitter on Thursday night, the superstar singer wrote: "So thankful for all the love during the most difficult time in my life. Ill [sic] be back on my feet again soon. Thats [sic] what mom wants, she told me."
A Hawaii resident, Hernandez, 55, was a former hula dancer and singer who immigrated to the United States from the Philippines and had nurtured her son’s interest in entertainment.
The Grammy-winning Mars is slated to kick off a world tour on June 22 in Washington, D.C.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- 9 Things You Didn't Know About Auntie Anne's Pretzels
- ReThink Review: Dear White People - Lessons for Republicans and the "Post-Racial" Generation
- Chats with Earth, Wind & Fire's Philip Bailey, Dave Koz, Eric Johnson and Kiki Ebsen, Plus a Katherine Jenkins' Exclusive
- Donald Trump Rips 'Reckless' NYC Ebola Doctor, Demands Obama Resign
- Best of Late Night TV: Taylor Swift's New Album and Neil Patrick Harris' Nude Scene (VIDEO)
- Hear Meryl Streep & Anna Kendrick Sing in New 'Into the Woods' Featurette (VIDEO)
- Courtney Love Books Another TV Gig, Will Recur on 'Empire'
- Sorry, 'Twilight' Fans: Kristen Stewart Is Taking a Break From Acting