'Call Me Maybe' and Psy's 'Gangnam Style' Meet in Super Mashup (Audio)
The song combining hits from Carly Rae Jepsen and Korean singer Psy has received more than 460,000 plays.
The ever-growing canon of “Call Me Maybe” spinoffs is receiving a fresh infusion of musical blood courtesy of Korean superhit "Gangnam Style.”
“Call Me Gangnam,” a mashup that is heavy on the Carly Rae Jepsen, features some beat and vocal help from Psy. His refrain of "Hey, sexy lady" certainly eviscerates the image of a handsome young man mowing Jepsen's lawn, and the duo's songs complement each other surprisingly well.
The mashup has received more than 460,000 plays since emerging online—all without a video, which has helped other “Call Me Maybe” spinoffs go viral.
Meanwhile, the two artists whose musical DNA combined to make this song are staying busy. Jepsen released The Kiss on Tuesday, her first album since “Call Me Maybe” became a phenomenon.
Psy brought his super hit to Saturday Night Live last week, and the video for his song continues to wrack up views on YouTube (211.5 million through Wednesday evening). Last week, Psy showed Britney Spears the moves to his dance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
Listen to the mashup below.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- That Story About the Django Unchained Actress Handcuffed for ‘Kissing While Black’ Just Got More Complicated
- Watch a Supercut of Every Impression Bill Hader Did on SNL
- See the Beautiful Book Jacket for Jami Attenberg’s Saint Mazie
- Do I Have Enough Time to Catch Up on Scandal? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Sarah Jessica Parker & Kate Hudson Are Fashion Muses for THR's Top Designers
- Matt Bomer's Robot Hand Won't Let Go of Liv Tyler's Breast in 'Space Station 76' Clip (Exclusive)
- Chloe Moretz: Denzel Washington is a 'Master Class in Acting'
- Jamie Foxx Releases 'Party Ain't a Party,' First New Song Since 2010