U.S. Marines Dance to 'Call Me Maybe' (Video)
The group stationed in Afghanistan filmed its entire Carly Rae Jepsen routine in just 30 minutes.
It’s mission accomplished for a group of U.S. Marines who wanted to create a military version of Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe.”
The Marines, stationed at Kandahar air base in Afghanistan, have crafted a video with production values on par with the original (as well as the one Cookie Monster dropped a few weeks ago).
As ABC News reported, the video was produced by Eric Raum, who first heard “Call Me Maybe” during a trip back to the U.S.
“I had just returned to Kandahar from the U.S. and had been taken back by how big of a hit it was, as we often miss out on the latest and greatest while in the ‘Stan,” Raum wrote on his blog.
A friend told him “people were creating covers of the song,” and “that it would be a lot of fun for the guys and gals out here if we could create a military version.”
The production had to be filmed in just 30 minutes, given the Marine’s busy schedules.
Though it’s has been getting strong reviews on YouTube, 30 people have “disliked” the video. That negative feedback lead one commenter to speculate: “The 30 ppl that disliked this video might be the Taliban. F**K the Taliban, and long live America :)"
Watch the video below.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- 'Half-Ton Killer: Transformed': Mayra Rosales Lost Nearly 800 Pounds For Her Sister's Kids (VIDEO)
- For Only The Second Time In 'Survivor' History, Their Fate Comes Down To Rocks (VIDEO)
- 'Arrow' Introduces The Flash As Barry Allen Comes To Starling City (VIDEO)
- 'Mob City' Premiere: Jon Bernthal Does Noir Proud In Frank Darabont's Latest (VIDEO)
- Watch a 'Fast & Furious' Video Tribute to Paul Walker
- 'The Wolf of Wall Street' Clip: Leonardo DiCaprio Makes How Much Money?! (EXCLUSIVE)
- 'Pompeii' Trailer: Kit Harington Faces a Power Greater Than the Roman Empire (VIDEO)
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Trailer: Eva Green Is Out to Kill Some Greeks (VIDEO)