U.S. Marines Dance to 'Call Me Maybe' (Video)
The group stationed in Afghanistan filmed its entire Carly Rae Jepsen routine in just 30 minutes.
It’s mission accomplished for a group of U.S. Marines who wanted to create a military version of Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe.”
The Marines, stationed at Kandahar air base in Afghanistan, have crafted a video with production values on par with the original (as well as the one Cookie Monster dropped a few weeks ago).
As ABC News reported, the video was produced by Eric Raum, who first heard “Call Me Maybe” during a trip back to the U.S.
“I had just returned to Kandahar from the U.S. and had been taken back by how big of a hit it was, as we often miss out on the latest and greatest while in the ‘Stan,” Raum wrote on his blog.
A friend told him “people were creating covers of the song,” and “that it would be a lot of fun for the guys and gals out here if we could create a military version.”
The production had to be filmed in just 30 minutes, given the Marine’s busy schedules.
Though it’s has been getting strong reviews on YouTube, 30 people have “disliked” the video. That negative feedback lead one commenter to speculate: “The 30 ppl that disliked this video might be the Taliban. F**K the Taliban, and long live America :)"
Watch the video below.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Colbert To Denver Post's Marijuana Editor, Ricardo Baca: 'Are You A Cop?'
- Yeezy Taught Me: How To Impress Barbara Walters
- Conversations with Alonzo Bodden and Spyro Gyra's Jay Beckenstein, Plus Exclusives by Make-A-Wish, Placido Domingo, Placido Domingo Jr and Danielle de Niese
- Tracy Letts Hopes 'August: Osage County' Wins 'Every F--king Thing'
- 'Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom': Inside the Making of the Nelson Mandela Biopic (EXCLUSIVE)
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95: Idris Elba, Morgan Freeman Pay Tribute to the South African Icon
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse': Bryan Singer Announces 2016 Follow-Up to 'Days of Future Past'
- 'A Christmas Story' Pole Scene Hilariously Re-Created on NYC Subway (VIDEO)