Capital Cities to Headline Sayers Club Gig at Sundance (Exclusive)
The "Safe and Sound" group heads to Park City on Jan. 17.
Grammy-nominated indie group Capital Cities is headlining a special concert put on by SLS Las Vegas as part of The Sayers Club at Sundance weekend.
The Los Angeles-based Capital Cities -- comprised of Ryan Merchant and Sebu Simonian -- broke through last year with the radio hit "Safe and Sound." They will perform Friday, Jan. 17 at Park City's Downstairs.
"Safe and Sound" peaked at No. 8 on Billboard's Hot 100 chart, and reached the top spot on Billboard's U.S. Alternative Songs list. The group's track is Grammy-nominated for best music video.
The following evening on Saturday, Jan. 18, Sayers Club creative director Jason Scoppa will host his "Sayers Sessions" with help from Chris Holmes.
Sayers has seen Prince, Stevie Wonder, Slash, The Black Keys and Gotye take the stage. It will move to the SLS Las Vegas in the fall 2014.
Evian, Absolut Elyx and Stella Artois are partners of Sayers at Sundance. The Sundance Film Festival goes from Jan. 16-26.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Sophia Bush Sends Congrats to Pal Aaron Paul For Emmy Win!
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'