Cash Money's Jay Sean on What to Expect From His New Album (Video)
The singer tells THR about his collaboration with labelmate Tyga and why he’s so passionate about penning his own original works.
In true Cash Money form, fans can expect Jay Sean’s upcoming album to be chock-full of collaborations -- including one with labelmate Tyga, titled "Sex 101."
“I’ll let you decide what that’s about,” Sean jokes during a recent visit to The Hollywood Reporter’s L.A. office.
A new video for the song is expected to be released any day now, hot on the heels of Sean’s first official single off his upcoming release, “I’m All Yours,” featuring Pitbull.
“The video is amazing,” Sean says of “Sex 101.” “A bit more of an R&B look… whereas [“I’m All Yours”] is more like the Jay Sean that America really knows me for.”
Both songs are featured on his fourth studio release via Cash Money Records, Worth It All, slated for a fall debut. As a songwriter on each and every track on the album, Sean tells THR that he has poured his “heart and soul” into every note.
“You’ve got some introspective songs on there, you’ve got some beautiful songs that might make you cry, you’ve got some songs that are gonna make you want to dance and have fun and turn up the volume and forget about your worries,” he says. “You’ve got some songs on there that are gonna make you want to [make] babies. It’s love, sex, lust, emotional-like, pain -- it's a lot of everything in this album.”
“It’s got that thread of continuity there,” he adds. “I believe an album is a body of work. It literally paints a picture as to who you are as a person. That’s how you buy into someone as an artist.”
For more from THR’s chat with Sean, watch the video above. To listen to the first single off the album, watch below.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@thr.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Isabel Lucas & Jim Sturgess Bring 'Electric Slide' to Tribeca Film Fest!
- Sofia Vergara's 'Fading Gigalo' Threesome Scene: I Was a Little Nervous!
- Leighton Meester Enjoyed Easter Dinner with Husband Adam Brody - Find Out the Romantic Details! (Exclusive)
- Emma Stone Publicly Questions Boyfriend Andrew Garfield's Views on Femininity - Watch Now!