Charges Against Paul Simon, Edie Brickell Dropped
The couple was arrested in April on charges of disorderly conduct following a domestic altercation at their cottage in New Canaan, Connecticut, but the case has now been dismissed.
A Connecticut prosecutor is dropping a disorderly conduct case against Paul Simon and his wife, Edie Brickell.
The 72-year-old Simon and 48-year-old Brickell had been scheduled to appear in court Tuesday, but they did not appear. Police say the couple fought during an April 26 argument inside a cottage on their property in New Canaan, Connecticut.
Prosecutors told a judge they were declining to pursue the case, meaning the charges will be dropped and eventually erased after 13 months.
Brickell told police Simon shoved her and she slapped him. The report says Simon suffered a superficial cut to his ear and Brickell, who smelled of alcohol, had a bruise on her wrist.
The singers were married in 1992. They have three children.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Weekend Box Office: Scarlett Johannson's 'Lucy' Beats The Rock's 'Hercules'
- All About That Mind-Blowing 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage From Comic-Con 2014
- 10 Facts About 'Godzilla 2,' 'Crimson Peak,' 'Skull Island,' and More, Straight From Comic-Con 2014
- Everything Revealed About the 'Goosebumps' Movie at Comic-Con 2014
- Newlyweds Naya Rivera & Ryan Dorsey Kiss, Look So in Love in Los Angeles - See Her Huge Wedding Ring!
- Justin Bieber Receives the Champ of Charity Award at the Young Hollywood Awards 2014
- Ansel Elgort & Nick Jonas Are Making Us Swoon at the Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Bella Thorne Turns Heads at Young Hollywood Awards 2014