Charges Against Paul Simon, Edie Brickell Dropped
The couple was arrested in April on charges of disorderly conduct following a domestic altercation at their cottage in New Canaan, Connecticut, but the case has now been dismissed.
A Connecticut prosecutor is dropping a disorderly conduct case against Paul Simon and his wife, Edie Brickell.
The 72-year-old Simon and 48-year-old Brickell had been scheduled to appear in court Tuesday, but they did not appear. Police say the couple fought during an April 26 argument inside a cottage on their property in New Canaan, Connecticut.
Prosecutors told a judge they were declining to pursue the case, meaning the charges will be dropped and eventually erased after 13 months.
Brickell told police Simon shoved her and she slapped him. The report says Simon suffered a superficial cut to his ear and Brickell, who smelled of alcohol, had a bruise on her wrist.
The singers were married in 1992. They have three children.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public