Cher's Next Album Due Out in Late March
New single "Woman's World" was released last month, and previews the singer's first album in 12 years.
Cher's next studio album, her first since 2001's Living Proof, is due out in late March 2013.
The targeted release date was confirmed by Livia Tortella, Warner Bros. Records Co-President/COO, on the red carpet at Billboard's 2012 Women in Music event on Friday, Nov. 30. According to Tortella, Cher's forthcoming full-length is among a full slate of early 2013 album releases from the label, including new efforts from Josh Groban, Michael Buble, Goo Goo Dolls and Avenged Sevenfold.
Last month, Cher previewed her long-in-the-works album by releasing a new dance single, "Woman's World," online. The clip of the official track has earned 395,000 YouTube views since its release two weeks ago.
On Twitter, the veteran pop star described the new album as "Eclectic! Lots of dance, but none [are] SAME KIND OF DANCE ! Have Big ass Choruses,Some HEART RIPPERS!" Cher has previously mentioned that P!nk and Lady Gaga have written songs for the upcoming LP.
Cher notched another No. 1 in 2011 when she topped the Dance/Club Play Songs chart with "You Haven't Seen the Last Of Me." The achievement made Cher the only act to have scored a No. 1 on a Billboard chart in each of the last six decades.
Living Proof, which included the singles "The Music's No Good Without You" and "Alive Again," has sold 520,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- North West Isn't The Only Celebrity Kid To Bring The Cuteness To Halloween
- All The Creepy Laughs From 'The Twilight Zone' Because Evil Is Sometimes Hilarious
- 11 Times Mr. Bean Taught You To Embrace Your Inner Child By Acting Like One
- Miley Cyrus' Risque Dress Stood Out, But Her $500,000 Donation To Fight AIDS Stole The Show
- Daniel Radcliffe Wants to Work with Jennifer Lawrence & George Clooney
- Kate Bosworth & Michael Polish Fly Back to Los Angeles on His 44th Birthday
- Coco Rocha Shares Her Thoughts on Kendall Jenner Fashion Week Bullying Rumors
- Keira Knightley Shows Her Feminist Side By Discussing Gender Equality in 'Net-A-Porter's 'Edit' Mag