Cher's Next Album Due Out in Late March
New single "Woman's World" was released last month, and previews the singer's first album in 12 years.
Cher's next studio album, her first since 2001's Living Proof, is due out in late March 2013.
The targeted release date was confirmed by Livia Tortella, Warner Bros. Records Co-President/COO, on the red carpet at Billboard's 2012 Women in Music event on Friday, Nov. 30. According to Tortella, Cher's forthcoming full-length is among a full slate of early 2013 album releases from the label, including new efforts from Josh Groban, Michael Buble, Goo Goo Dolls and Avenged Sevenfold.
Last month, Cher previewed her long-in-the-works album by releasing a new dance single, "Woman's World," online. The clip of the official track has earned 395,000 YouTube views since its release two weeks ago.
On Twitter, the veteran pop star described the new album as "Eclectic! Lots of dance, but none [are] SAME KIND OF DANCE ! Have Big ass Choruses,Some HEART RIPPERS!" Cher has previously mentioned that P!nk and Lady Gaga have written songs for the upcoming LP.
Cher notched another No. 1 in 2011 when she topped the Dance/Club Play Songs chart with "You Haven't Seen the Last Of Me." The achievement made Cher the only act to have scored a No. 1 on a Billboard chart in each of the last six decades.
Living Proof, which included the singles "The Music's No Good Without You" and "Alive Again," has sold 520,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
What's Hot In Music
- Jon Stewart Says The U.S. Is 'Like The Oprah Of Middle East Weapons Systems!'
- Teen Cosplayer Sexually Assaulted And Beaten Near Comic-Con, Police Say
- Nathan Fielder's 'Dumb Starbucks' Episode Finally Airs, And It's Genius
- Justin Bieber And Orlando Bloom Maybe, Possibly Just Had The Lamest Fight Ever
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler