Chris Brown Fires Back at Critics on Twitter
The singer tweets -- then deletes -- a defiantly bitter message to critics of his Grammy performance.
After Twitter exploded with negativity over Chris Brown's performance on Sunday's Grammy Awards, the singer answered back in a series of angry and profane messages.
"HATE ALL U WANT BECUZ I GOT A GRAMMY Now! That's the ultimate F--K OFF!" Brown declared in one post, which has since been deleted but saved for posterity in a screengrab on the website Mashable.
Brown also dropped the F-bomb in various tweet-responses to critics which have also been conveniently scrubbed from his account.
He performed the dance track "Beautiful People" from his latest album, F.A.M.E, which scored the Grammy for best R&B album. It was his first time onstage at the music industry's biggest event since his 2009 felony assault on ex-girlfriend Rihanna.
Despite his musical comeback, Brown remains a source of controversy stemming from the Rihanna incident, polarizing fans and infuriating critics who took issue with the singer performing in the same Grammys venue as the "We Found Love" star, who sang a duet with Coldplay.
Not surprisingly, given his scandal-plagued image, Brown generated a record number of tweets during his return to the Grammys stage. He drew 453,000 social media comments over a 5-minute span, according to Bluefin Labs' numbers. Adele, who swept the awards, spurred the most commentary, however, with 489,000 when she won album of the year near the end of the telecast.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project