Chris Brown: 'I Try to Promote Positivity'
The controversial singer, who quit Twitter this week following a heated exchange with a critic, said he'd changed his social media strategy in an interview with XXL magazine.
Days after Chris Brown deleted his Twitter account following a profane exchange with an online critic, a new cover story in XXL magazine has revealed the controversial singer's goal to "promote positivity."
"I haven’t been as mature and thought out in the past, so, me growing now, it’s showing my progression," he says in XXL's December/January issue, which arrives Tuesday. "I used to use my Twitter account to vent, but now I mostly use it for marketing and promotions. Even if the media asks me something, if it’s cool then it’s, ‘What’s up?’ But if it’s anything that’s too negative, I don’t care to respond.”
Says Brown: "I use music or painting as my outlet to get through the confusion. I try to promote positivity and love."
On Sunday, Brown quit Twitter after a heated back-and-forth with comedy writer Jenny Johnson. It began when he sent out a tweet reading, "I look old as f--k! I'm only 23...," which prompted Johnson to reply with: "I know! Being a worthless piece of s--t can really age a person."
Brown's response? "Take them teeth out when u Sucking my d--k HOE."
Several more tweets ensued between the two, with Johnson at one point correcting Brown's spelling ("It's 'HO' not 'HOE' you ignorant f---" she wrote) and linking to a story about his 2009 assault on Rihanna. As for Brown, he repeatedly insulted Johnson.
“In the beginning, I used to be hot. I’m normal. I’m human, so if anybody says something that’s a lie, I’m numb to it. I’ve smartened up," he tells XXL.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'