P. Diddy, 50 Cent, Mary J. Blige Among Music Heavies at Funeral of Hip-Hop Exec Chris Lighty (Video)
The founder of Violator Management and COO of Primary Violator, who also guided the careers of A Tribe Called Quest, Missy Elliott and Mariah Carey, died of an apparent suicide on August 30.
Heavies from all across the music industry turned out en masse for the funeral of veteran executive and manager Chris Lighty in New York on Wednesday.
Held at Mahattan's Frank E. Campbell Funeral Chapel, where Notorious B.I.G. and Aaliyah were also memorialized following their untimely deaths, 50 Cent, LL Cool J, Fat Joe, P. Diddy, L.A. Reid, Missy Elliott and Mary J. Blige were in attendance. Busta Rhymes, a longtime client and friend of Lighty's, tweeted a photo of a floral memorial which read "I love you Chris."
Video captured at the mid-day gathering and posted on Rap Radar shows dozens of hip hop luminaries arriving and departing from Madison Ave. and 81st St. as well as fans of the acts Lighty mentored and his estranged wife Veronica.
Lighty, the founder of Violator Management and COO of Primary Violator, who had managed the careers of 50 Cent, A Tribe Called Quest, Missy Elliott and Mariah Carey, died of an apparent suicide on August 30. He was 44 years old.
Watch video from the funeral below:
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
What's Hot In Music
- Pamela Anderson Refuses Ice Bucket Challenge Because Of ALS Animal Testing History
- Miley Cyrus' Concert Banned In The Dominican Republic
- Interview: Chloë Grace Moretz, Liana Liberato, and Gayle Forman on If I Stay
- Dead Daisies and Beyond: Chats With Dizzy Reed, The Verve Pipe's Brian Vander Ark, Jean-Luc Ponty and Uriah Heep's Mick Box
- New 'Walking Dead' Teaser Features Screaming, Uncertainty, and...Gas Masks? (VIDEO)
- 13 WTF Moments In MTV VMAs History (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt Dressed as Star-Lord for a Visit to a Children's Hospital, Melting Our Hearts in the Process
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: 10 Things You Need to Know About the Comic-Book Sequel