Clive Davis Announced as Featured Speaker at SXSW
The five-time Grammy winner will speak on Thursday March 14.
South By Southwest, the world's leading music industry event, announced today that renowned record producer and music business exec Clive Davis will be a featured speaker at this year's event.
Currently Chief Creative Officer of Sony Music Entertainment, Davis has won five Grammys, is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a non-performer and has made a profound impact on popular culture through his tenures at Columbia, Arista and J Records. He has signed such talents as Janis Joplin, Bruce Springsteen, Aerosmith, Billy Joel, The Grateful Dead, Whitney Houston, Alicia Keys and Jennifer Hudson. He also is extending his legacy and the future of the music industry through The Clive Davis Institute of recorded Music at NYU.
The Austin based event will run Tuesday, March 12 - Sunday, March 17. Davis' appearance will be Thursday, March 14 at 2 p.m.
"His forward-looking perspective is most welcome at SXSW," the festival said in a press release. "This appearance will be a highlight among the many conference sessions designed to offer registrants a unique music education."
Davis' autobiography The Soundtrack of My Life is set to be released February 19.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Bitsie Tulloch Says 'Grimm' Fans 'Will Lose Their Minds Over' What Juliette Goes Through In Season 4
- Check Out Elijah Wood and Peter Jackson in This Commercial for Air New Zealand
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Alysia Reiner Loves These 5 Prison Movies
- Mark Wahlberg, Jessica Lange, and John Goodman Get Tough in 'The Gambler' Red Band Trailer
- Meghan Trainor's 'All About That Bass' Can't Be Stopped on the Billboard Hot 100!
- Amanda Seyfried To Take Part in 24 Hour Plays on Broadway with Nina Dobrev, Justin Long, & More!
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Rose McGowan Hit Up Hollywood for 'White Bird in a Blizzard' Premiere!
- Daniel Radcliffe Knows He's Fortunate to Do a Job He Adores