Clive Davis Announced as Featured Speaker at SXSW
The five-time Grammy winner will speak on Thursday March 14.
South By Southwest, the world's leading music industry event, announced today that renowned record producer and music business exec Clive Davis will be a featured speaker at this year's event.
Currently Chief Creative Officer of Sony Music Entertainment, Davis has won five Grammys, is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a non-performer and has made a profound impact on popular culture through his tenures at Columbia, Arista and J Records. He has signed such talents as Janis Joplin, Bruce Springsteen, Aerosmith, Billy Joel, The Grateful Dead, Whitney Houston, Alicia Keys and Jennifer Hudson. He also is extending his legacy and the future of the music industry through The Clive Davis Institute of recorded Music at NYU.
The Austin based event will run Tuesday, March 12 - Sunday, March 17. Davis' appearance will be Thursday, March 14 at 2 p.m.
"His forward-looking perspective is most welcome at SXSW," the festival said in a press release. "This appearance will be a highlight among the many conference sessions designed to offer registrants a unique music education."
Davis' autobiography The Soundtrack of My Life is set to be released February 19.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'
- Get Creeped Out By the Latest Demon-Filled 'Constantine' Trailer (VIDEO)