Coachella 2014 Sells Out in Under Three Hours
Festival sets new sell-out record, breaking previous mark set in 2011.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Those planning to wait a little bit longer before purchasing tickets to Coachella this year will have to rely on acquiring tickets through different means.
According to Consequence of Sound, the California music festival has already sold out -- and in record time. Coachella ran out of general tickets in 2 hours and 37 minutes, toppling the previous record of 2 hours and 57 minutes set in 2012.
The tickets went on sale Friday (Jan. 10) at 10 a.m. PT, meaning no more passes were available by a little after 12:30. Last year's festival, which included headliners Phoenix, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Blur, sold out in 21 hours.
For 2014, Coachella brought in Muse and Arcade Fire, as well as the newly-reunited Outkast, as headliners.
Coachella 2014 will be held over two weekends -- April 11-13 and 18-20 -- in Indio, Calif.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"