Coachella Lineup Rumors Now Include Daft Punk and Phoenix
Following the Rolling Stones' mobile site snafu last week, another missive misfire leaks unconfirmed news of the festival's lineup.
Daft Punk, Phoenix and Yeah Yeah Yeahs have joined the listed of artists rumored to be performing at Coachella in April 2013. On Saturday, music service Songkick sent an email to those subscribed to Daft Punk alerts noting that Daft Punk would be joining Phoenix, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and The Rolling Stones at the annual festival in Indio, CA.
Songkick has since removed the information and wrote on their Twitter feed, “Unfortunately, this is not confirmed -- the lineup has been removed [and] locked down until the official announcement,” adding, “Regarding Daft Punk at Coachella: this was added by mistake. There has been no official announcement. Apologies for any confusion/excitement.”
The email glitch adds to the speculation from last week that The Rolling Stones would be playing Coachella. Two tour dates appeared under the tour section of the band’s mobile app, including one on April 12 in Indio that listed the show as “Coachella 2013.” Those dates have since been removed as well.
These artists are likely contenders for Coachella’s bill, however. Phoenix has a new album slated for release in April. Daniel Glass, head of the French band’s label Glassnote, told reporters at a Spotify event earlier this month that the group had finished recording the disc and were aiming for an April street date. Yeah Yeah Yeahs have also confirmed plans to drop a new album in the spring.
Rolling Stone reports that in October, The Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards hinted that the band might extend its recent 50th anniversary celebration into the new year. Richards told the publication, “My experience with the Rolling Stones is that once the juggernaut starts rolling, it ain't gonna stop. So without sort of saying definitely yes -- yeah. We ain't doing all this for four gigs!”
Coachella will take place over two weekends on April 12-14 and April 19-21 at the Empire Polo Club in Indio. The festival has not confirmed when they will officially announced the 2013 lineup, however last year the lineup was unveiled in early January via the festival’s website.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Winnie and Kevin Probably Slept Together and 11 Other Things We Learned at Last Night’s Wonder Years Reunion
- How Much Do You Know About American Horror Story? Take Our SAT Exam
- Garage Doors and Tanning Beds: 9 Actors Remember Their Famous Horror-Movie Deaths
- It’s Just a Normal Tuesday With Drake and ILoveMakonnen
- Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany To Make NY Stage Debut in 'The Way We Get By'!
- Ariana Grande 'So Proud' of Brother Frankie for Booking 'Rock of Ages' Role
- Michelle Williams & Marion Cotillard Celebrate the Foundation Louis Vuitton Opening!
- Matthew Morrison's Wedding Photo to Renee Puente Revealed - See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!