NBC to Air Coldplay Concert Special (Video)
The one-hour "Coldplay: Ghost Stories" premieres Sunday, May 18, one day before the new album hits stores.
Coldplay is getting an NBC special.
Fresh off Chris Martin's well-received three-episode stint on The Voice, the British foursome will tout their sixth studio album, Ghost Stories, in a one-hour broadcast slated to air Sunday, May 18, at 7 p.m. ET/PT, one day before the album officially drops.
Coldplay: Ghost Stories will feature new songs from the band's latest album, including current single "Magic." Other tracks included in the setlist: "Viva La Vida," "Paradise" and "Clocks."
The performance was filmed in March in front of 800 people in Los Angeles and was directed by Paul Dugdale, who helmed the Coldplay Live 2012 special. Done "in-the-round," as NBC describes it, the special mixes live-performance footage with cinematic film in 360-degree imagery -- around, above and below the band.
Coldplay, Paul Normandale and Misty Buckley conceived the special.
Coldplay will take the stage at UCLA's Royce Hall the day the album hits stores May 19 for one of six intimate dates and performs on Saturday Night Live on May 3.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences