Coldplay Cover Beastie Boys Classic in Honor of Adam Yauch (Video)
During the last of three shows at the Hollywood Bowl, Chris Martin and crew re-imagined the Beasties' breakout hit "(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!)."
Coldplay paid tribute to Adam "MCA" Yauch, who died Friday after a three-year battle with cancer, by reinterpreting one of the Beastie Boys' best-known hits, "(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!)." The concert was the last of a three-night bow at Los Angeles' famed Hollywood Bowl.
Singer Chris Martin took the lead on piano for the re-imagined, almost acoustic version of the rap-rock anthem, acknowledging Yauch by name about half-way through.
A video of the performance was posted on the official Coldplay TV YouTube page with the simple title RIP MCA.
Honoring the recently departed has become a Coldplay tradition much appreciated by their music-loving audience. At a show in L.A. last August, the band played Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" some 10 days after she died.
Watch Coldplay's Beastie Boys cover below:
What's Hot In Music
- Disneytoon Studios worked closely with CalFire to make "Planes: Fire & Rescue" as authentic as possible
- Hillary Clinton Talks 2016, Takes Career Aptitude Test On 'The Daily Show'
- Still On The Levee & The Boat That Carries Us: Conversations with Peter Himmelman and Chris Smither
- Watching 'Cat Summer' Music Video Makes A Donation To Charity
- This Fake 'Superman v. Batman: Dawn of Justice' Teaser Trailer Is Very Convincing (VIDEO)
- Sacha Baron Cohen's 'Grimsby' Gives Lessons on How Not to Get a Town to Like You
- Here's the Entire 'Harry Potter' Saga in Two Brilliantly Brief Minutes (VIDEO)
- This 'Jurassic World' Brochure Is Not to Be Missed (PHOTOS)