Coldplay Cover Beastie Boys Classic in Honor of Adam Yauch (Video)
During the last of three shows at the Hollywood Bowl, Chris Martin and crew re-imagined the Beasties' breakout hit "(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!)."
Coldplay paid tribute to Adam "MCA" Yauch, who died Friday after a three-year battle with cancer, by reinterpreting one of the Beastie Boys' best-known hits, "(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!)." The concert was the last of a three-night bow at Los Angeles' famed Hollywood Bowl.
Singer Chris Martin took the lead on piano for the re-imagined, almost acoustic version of the rap-rock anthem, acknowledging Yauch by name about half-way through.
A video of the performance was posted on the official Coldplay TV YouTube page with the simple title RIP MCA.
Honoring the recently departed has become a Coldplay tradition much appreciated by their music-loving audience. At a show in L.A. last August, the band played Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" some 10 days after she died.
Watch Coldplay's Beastie Boys cover below:
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'
- Get Creeped Out By the Latest Demon-Filled 'Constantine' Trailer (VIDEO)