Coldplay Cover Beastie Boys Classic in Honor of Adam Yauch (Video)
During the last of three shows at the Hollywood Bowl, Chris Martin and crew re-imagined the Beasties' breakout hit "(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!)."
Coldplay paid tribute to Adam "MCA" Yauch, who died Friday after a three-year battle with cancer, by reinterpreting one of the Beastie Boys' best-known hits, "(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!)." The concert was the last of a three-night bow at Los Angeles' famed Hollywood Bowl.
Singer Chris Martin took the lead on piano for the re-imagined, almost acoustic version of the rap-rock anthem, acknowledging Yauch by name about half-way through.
A video of the performance was posted on the official Coldplay TV YouTube page with the simple title RIP MCA.
Honoring the recently departed has become a Coldplay tradition much appreciated by their music-loving audience. At a show in L.A. last August, the band played Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" some 10 days after she died.
Watch Coldplay's Beastie Boys cover below:
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- 'Twilight' Gets New Life with Facebook Short Film Contest
- Best of Late Night TV: Tyler Perry's Drone Race and Jimmy Kimmel's Pot Quiz (VIDEO)
- Miles Teller Says the 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Is 'Different in Every Way' From Original
- 11 Essential 'Gilmore Girls' Episodes You Should Definitely Watch On Netflix (VIDEO)
- Kim Kardashian Jets Off with North After Paris Fashion Week
- Lindsay Lohan Feels More & More Comfortable After Every 'Speed the Plow' Performance
- Gone Girl's Emily Ratajkowski Flaunts Tons of Cleavage on 'Cosmopolitan' Cover!
- Ansel Elgort & Kaitlyn Dever Join the Kids of 'Men, Women, & Children' at LA Premiere!