Coldplay to Take 3-Year Break? So Says Singer Chris Martin at Australian Show
The band hints at a future sabbatical during their tour closer in Brisbane.
It looks like Coldplay is preparing for a long hibernation.
Wrapping up the Australian leg of their latest tour, the band played an "exuberant" set at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium on Nov. 21, according to Billboard. Running through more than 20 songs, Coldplay paid homage to their host country with a nod to Men at Work’s "Down Under," after which frontman Chris Martin told the 52,000 assembled that, "This is the last big show for three years or so."
That may be the case for Aussies, but Coldplay is scheduled to perform three more concerts before the end of the year, including a New Year's Eve bow at Brooklyn's Barclays Center with Jay-Z. Plus: fans wanting to experience Coldplay live in their homes can via the just-released DVD Live 2012.
While it's not yet known what comes in 2013 and beyond, clearly ticket buyers in Brisbane left satisfied. Billboard cites an online poll conducted by the local Courier Mail newspaper which found almost 1,000 music fans rated this show as the city's greatest stadium performance, besting concerts by AC/DC, Robbie Williams, Michael Jackson, Bruce Springsteen and others.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet