Columbia Records' Rob Stringer Honored by Adele, Neil Diamond, John Mayer, More
The label chairman was named Music Visionary of 2013 by the UJA-Federation at an event held at New York's Pierre Hotel.
Columbia Records chairman Rob Stringer was honored by the UJA-Federation as its Music Visionary of 2013 earlier today, drawing quite the turnout.
Among the 600 in attendance at New York’s Pierre Hotel for the luncheon and fundraiser were Columbia artists Adele; John Mayer; Neil Diamond; John Legend; Glee star Darren Criss and members of rock bands MGMT; Passion Pit and HAIM, who, along with Mayer, performed at the Friday fete.
Sony Music CEO Doug Morris delivered the event’s toast with fellow music industry veterans Clive Davis, Lyor Cohen, Barry Weiss, Kevin Liles, L.A. Reid, Julie Greenwald, Craig Kallman and Jody Gerson seated nearby, while Simon Cowell, Harry Connick, Jr., Barbra Streisand and Patti Smith paid tribute via video.
A total of $1.4 million was raised to help people in need both in the U.S. and in Israel and to strengthen Jewish communities around the world.
The major label has been making industry waves recently with the massive success of Daft Punk's Random Access Memories album and the recent signing of Nine Inch Nails.
Pictured below: (Back row, left to right): Neil Diamond, John Legend, Michael Angelakos of Passion Pit, Rob Stringer, Este, Alana and Danielle Haim, Andrew Vanwyngarden of MGMT, John Mayer, and Doug Morris; (Front row, left to right: Ben Goldwasser of MGMT, Joy Williams, Adele and Darren Criss.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Ted Nugent Show Canceled After Native-American Tribe Hears About Rocker's 'Racist And Hate-Filled Remarks'
- Stephen Colbert Asks Nancy Pelosi If She Has Naked Pictures Of John Boehner
- Even Government Agencies Play The 'Kim Kardashian: Hollywood' Game, And Here's Proof
- Jon Stewart Learns What Happens When You Criticize Israel