Courtney Love Apologizes to Daughter for Dave Grohl Comments
The rocker tweeted "sorry I believed the gossip" after Frances Bean Cobain insisted the Foo Fighters frontman never made sexual advances toward her.
Courtney Love has apologized to daughter Frances Bean Cobain for tweeting a rumor that Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl made sexual advances toward Cobain.
“Bean, sorry I believed the gossip,” Love tweeted Saturday morning. “Mommy loves you.”
The apology stems from events which unfolded Thursday, when Love tweeted she'd heard a disturbing rumor concerning Cobain, 19, and Grohl, 43.
“I hear from frannies roommate that @davegrohl hit on frances," Love wrote. "And that she was curious, I'm not mad at her, him I am about to shoot, dead."
Cobain issued a statement through Foo Fighters’ publicity firm denying the rumor.
“While I'm generally silent on the affairs of my biological mother," Cobain said in the statement released Thursday, "her recent tirade has taken a gross turn. I have never been approached by Dave Grohl in more than a platonic way. I'm in a monogamous relationship and very happy."
Love, who has long feuded with Grohl over Nirvana’s legacy, previously tweeted Grohl had been "sexually obsessed" with her late husband, Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain.A representative for Grohl told Gawker it was all untrue.
"Unfortunately Courtney is on another hateful twitter rant," the rep said. "These new accusations are upsetting, offensive and absolutely untrue."
What's Hot In Music
- Asylum Film Or Children's Book With Tara Reid And Ian Ziering, Stars of 'Sharknado 2'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Explains How Batman Is Like Pussy Riot
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler