Creed's Scott Stapp Slams President Obama
The singer tells "Fox & Friends" he finds "his Administration ineffective. A lot of promises but no real delivery."
Creed frontman Scott Stapp says he feels let down by President Obama.
"I voted for President Obama (in 2008), and where I stand with that right now -- I'm just disappointed, and had very high hopes and expectations, and was really inspired by President Obama. And I still am. He's am amazing speaker. But I've just found ... his Administration ineffective. A lot of promises but no real delivery," the singer said Tuesday in an interview on Fox & Friends, via Gawker. (See video here.)
Stapp didn't officially endorse Mitt Romney, however, saying of Obama's GOP rival: "Where's the plan? Lay it out, so the American people can understand it."
Earlier this year, Creed embarked on a 2 Night tour playing the full track lists from their albums My Own Prison and Human Clay. (The rock band is as polarizing as any politician, dividing fans who love Stapp's super-intense emo ballads and critics who slam the group, along with Nickelback for that matter, as purveyors of bad taste. Case in point: Creed was a running joke on an episode of Fox's New Girl last week, with Zooey Deschanel's character confessing to her date -- a doofy super fan -- that she hates the band.)
On Tuesday, Stapp released a memoir, Sinner's Creed, chronicling his personal highs and lows including drug addiction and a past suicide attempt.
Back to politics, "My heart and soul would really love someone like Reagan, or FDR, to come back and give us a new deal. Be bold. Be committed. Don't care what anybody thinks," he told Fox & Friends.
He added: "For me it's hard to commit and to trust .. President Obama again."
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot In Music
- Cersei's Major 'Game Of Thrones' Nude Scene Is Officially Going To Happen
- Kim Kardashian Takes Her Crop Top To The Next Level With A Deep V-Neck
- Famous Women Point Out Exactly Why Leaking Nude Photos Is So Very Wrong
- Melissa Rivers Confirms Mother Joan Is On Life Support, Thanks Fans For Their Kindness
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Jason Statham Grab Brunch in Malibu for Labor Day!
- Uma Thurman Joins Co-Stars to Premiere 'Nymphomaniac - Vol. II' at Venice Film Festival
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Hold Hands After Romantic Mexico Getaway
- Lady Gaga Reunites with Pet Pooch Asia at LAX Airport - Watch the Adorable Video!