Daft Punk Coachella Ad Teases New Album (Video)
Footage played at the festival appears to list collaborators for "Random Access Memories."
At Coachella, a Daft Punk ad offered a better look at the snippets of new material that have been teased from the duo's forthcoming Random Access Memories.
According to Pitchfork, the below clip of fan footage was played on the Indio, Calif., music festival's screens on Friday night, revealing the tone and collaborators of the new album.
The footage also appears to be an extended look at the song that was shown a 15-second ad on Saturday Night Live in March.
The clip lists, among others, Strokes frontman Julian Casablancas, rapper Pharrell Williams, Nile Rodgers, DJ Falcon, Chilly Gonzales and Giorgio Morodor.
Producer Todd Edwards, another Daft Punk collaborator, previously likened the sound of the new music to "two androids ... bringing soul back to music" in a promotional clip for Memories.
And that could prove to be an apt description of what the new material sounds like:
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum