Daft Punk, Stevie Wonder to Team Up at Grammy Awards
The electronic duo will also pair with Nile Rodgers, Pharrell Williams and "Random Access Memories" session musicians.
This article first appeared on billboard.com.
Continuing the awards show's precedent of intriguing mashups in addition to showcasing some of the top songs of the year, the Grammys will feature Daft Punk and special guest Stevie Wonder when the awards roll around at the end of this month.
According to Rolling Stone, sources confirmed that the electronic duo and the R&B legend will team up for a live performance at the 56th iteration of the music awards ceremony, though the finer details of the pairing are not yet known.
Daft Punk will also be joined by a slew of Random Access Memories collaborators, including Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers, plus a handful of the album's session musicians -- Chris Caswell, Nathan East, Omar Hakim and Paul Jackson Jr.
The performance currently stands to be the duo's first live performance behind their new album -- approaching a year since its release. Daft Punk was thought to potentially be performing at the MTV Video Music Awards last August, an appearance that ended up being a trailer for the new music video for "Lose Yourself to Dance" plus an award presentation.
The electronic icons are nominated for five awards at the 56th Grammys, including nods for Album of the Year and Best Pop/Group Performance, the latter for "Get Lucky."
Other announced performances at the ceremony include Imagine Dragons, Kendrick Lamar, P!nk, fun.'s Nate Ruess and a collaboration between Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard, Blake Shelton and Willie Nelson.
The ceremony is set for Jan. 26 at 8 p.m. on CBS.
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Ryan Reynolds Plays 'Egg Russian Roulette,' Cate Blanchett Finally Explains '#SuckIt' (VIDEO)
- James Bond Movies, Ranked From Worst to Best
- 'Sharknado 3' Snags Mark Cuban, Jerry Springer, Bo Derek, and More
- Calling All 'Divergent Series: Insurgent' Fans! Have We Got a Giveaway for You...
- Dakota Johnson Cut 'SNL' Sketch: Anastasia Steele Visits New Red Room in 'Fifty Shades' Sequel
- Taylor Schilling & Jackie Cruz Form Strong Bond Outside of 'Orange is the New Black'
- Natalie Dormer Stars in Hozier's New Music Video for 'Someone New' - Watch Here!
- Shia LaBeouf's Rattail Continues to Have the Web Buzzing