Daft Punk, Stevie Wonder to Team Up at Grammy Awards
The electronic duo will also pair with Nile Rodgers, Pharrell Williams and "Random Access Memories" session musicians.
This article first appeared on billboard.com.
Continuing the awards show's precedent of intriguing mashups in addition to showcasing some of the top songs of the year, the Grammys will feature Daft Punk and special guest Stevie Wonder when the awards roll around at the end of this month.
According to Rolling Stone, sources confirmed that the electronic duo and the R&B legend will team up for a live performance at the 56th iteration of the music awards ceremony, though the finer details of the pairing are not yet known.
Daft Punk will also be joined by a slew of Random Access Memories collaborators, including Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers, plus a handful of the album's session musicians -- Chris Caswell, Nathan East, Omar Hakim and Paul Jackson Jr.
The performance currently stands to be the duo's first live performance behind their new album -- approaching a year since its release. Daft Punk was thought to potentially be performing at the MTV Video Music Awards last August, an appearance that ended up being a trailer for the new music video for "Lose Yourself to Dance" plus an award presentation.
The electronic icons are nominated for five awards at the 56th Grammys, including nods for Album of the Year and Best Pop/Group Performance, the latter for "Get Lucky."
Other announced performances at the ceremony include Imagine Dragons, Kendrick Lamar, P!nk, fun.'s Nate Ruess and a collaboration between Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard, Blake Shelton and Willie Nelson.
The ceremony is set for Jan. 26 at 8 p.m. on CBS.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- David Foster Wallace's Family Doesn't Support the Jason Segel-Starring Biopic 'End of the Tour'
- George Lucas 'Is a Consultant' on 'Star Wars: Episode VII,' Says Disney Chief
- Actor Daniel Franzese Writes Amazing, 'Mean Girls'-Themed Coming Out Letter
- Tina Fey & Amy Poehler's 'The Nest' Has Some Stiff Competition