First Listen: Cold War Kids' 'Dallas Buyers Club' Song (Exclusive Audio)
THR premieres a track, "Romance Languages," from the Focus film's soundtrack.
Dallas Buyers Club has compiled a star-studded lineup for its soundtrack.
Featuring original songs inspired by and used in the AIDS drama starring Matthew McConaughey, Jared Leto and Jennifer Garner, the Focus Features film's album includes artists like Shuggie Otis, The Naked and Famous, My Morning Jacket, Tegan and Sara, Fitz and the Tantrums, Neon Trees, Capital Cities, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Portugal. The Man and T. Rex.
The Hollywood Reporter exclusively premieres one of the new tunes from the 16-track disc, Southern California indie rockers Cold War Kids' "Romance Languages," ahead of the soundtrack's Oct. 29 release via Relativity Music Group.
Singer Nathan Willett croons in the opening seconds of the midtempo offering: "I could never have a devastating loss / Watch over me when my bell rings / I would rather be lucky than smart / Throw me a rope so I can be blow rings / I'm exhausted by romance / I was lost in the languages."
Additionally, Relativity Music Group has partnered with (RED) to donate 10 percent of net proceeds from soundtrack sales to help finance The Global Fund, which provide grants that enable programs that include prevention, treatment, counseling, HIV testing and care services, to fight AIDS in Africa.
The full track listing for the soundtrack is below:
1. Shuggie Otis “Sweet Thang”
2. The Naked and the Famous “Following Morning”
3. The Airborne Toxic Event “Hell and Back”
4. My Morning Jacket “Ready to Be Called On”
5. Blondfire “Life of the Party”
6. Fitz and the Tantrums “The Walker” (Reyland Allison Remix)
7. Tegan and Sara “Shudder To Think”
8. Neon Trees “Mad Love” (Acoustic)
9. Portugal. The Man “Main Man”
10. Capital Cities “Stayin’ Alive”
11. Cold War Kids “Romance Languages”
12. AWOLNATION “Burn It Down” (Innerpartysystem remix)
13. Manchester Orchestra “After the Scripture”
14. Thirty Seconds to Mars “City of Angels” (Acoustic)
15. T. Rex “Main Man”
16. T. Rex “Life Is Strange”
Dallas Buyers Club opens in New York and L.A. on Nov. 1, before expanding to other cities later in the month.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts
- 7 Reasons Weird Al Won the Internet and Topped the Charts
- Dakota Fanning on 'Very Good Girl' Sex Scenes: 'I Wasn’t Very Uncomfortable With It'
- Lily Allen Dedicates 'As Long As I Got You' Music Video to Glastonbury Memories - Watch Now!
- Azealia Banks & Jourdan Dunn Are Navy Ladies for French Connection #NeverMissATrick Launch Party
- Jennifer Hudson Advises 'Don't Expect Respect When You Don't Respect Nothing!'