Dave Matthews Band Dedicates New Jersey Concert to Hurricane Sandy Relief
Proceeds from the band's Nov. 30 concert will go to support the Bama Works Sandy Relief Fund.
Add the Dave Matthews Band to the list of artists who are giving back to help Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
In a post on the band's website Wednesday, the band announced that all ticket and merchandise sales from the opening concert of their winter tour on Nov. 30 at the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, NJ, will go to the Bama Works Sandy Relief Fund, which has been established at the Community Foundation of New Jersey to support recovery efforts from the destruction caused by Hurricane Sandy.
According to the band's website, fans can also Text BamaSandy to 85944 to make a $10 donation to the Bama Works Sandy Relief Fund.
Hurricane Sandy caused devastation and power outages across the New York and New Jersey coasts more than two weeks ago. Many people who were affected by the storm are still in need of food, clothing and shelter.
Tickets are currently on sale through Ticketmaster for the benefit show, which features special guest Jimmy Cliff.
For additional information on the Bama Works Sandy Relief Fund, visit www.cfnj.org.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum