Dave Matthews Band Debuts 'Mercy' With Help From a Few Thousand Fans (Video)
14,334 people submitted media for the new release, which was directed by James Frost.
Dave Matthews Band’s new video was quite the team effort.
According to the band, 14,334 people submitted photos or videos for “Mercy,” and an untold number of them made it into the final cut. The result is a patched-together product with a charmingly homemade look.
James Frost, known for working with Radiohead and OK Go, directed the video, and he appears to have won the fan seal of approval.
“To everyone who got in: Dave_ saw our faces, guys. Dave APPROVED of our faces. :D,” wrote one excited YouTube commenter.
“Mercy” is from the band’s upcoming album, Away From the World. The record hits stores Sept. 11, and marks the band's reunion with producer Steve Lillywhite, who oversaw its first three studio efforts.
And for any naysayers disappointed the "Mercy" video doesn't feature much of the band, they can see the guys in the flesh when Dave Matthews Band kicks off its tour Aug. 31 in George, Wash. They'll be playing in L.A. at the Hollywood Bowl Sept. 12.
Watch the video below.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum