David Bowie Video Gets Adult-Only YouTube Rating
The singer's latest video for "The Next Day" stars Marion Cotillard as a saint-like character and Gary Oldman as a priest.
LONDON – David Bowie's latest video featuring him playing a Christ-like figure with Marion Cotillard as a sort of saint in a basque and Gary Oldman as a sleazy-looking priest has landed an adult-only rating from YouTube.
The video for the third single from his album The Next Day for the song of the same name spent some of its release day Wednesday unavailable on YouTube, having been temporarily removed by the video-sharing website.
At the time a screenshot said the video had been taken down because its content violated YouTube's terms of service.
Viewers aged 18 and above can now sign in to see the film directed by avant-garde filmmaker Floria Sigismondi.
A spokeswoman for Google-owned YouTube told The Guardian newspaper that the service re-instated the video on its service after making it age-restricted.
The video ends with Bowie still in character thanking Cotillard and Oldman and "everybody" for taking part in it.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- The 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Has Leaked (VIDEO)
- Bitsie Tulloch Says 'Grimm' Fans 'Will Lose Their Minds Over' What Juliette Goes Through In Season 4
- Check Out Elijah Wood and Peter Jackson in This Commercial for Air New Zealand
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Alysia Reiner Loves These 5 Prison Movies
- Kirsten Dunst Goes to the Gym While Garrett Hedlund Golfs the Afternoon Away!
- Hayden Christensen Grabs Ideas on Landscaping, Pregnant Rachel Bilson Relaxes in the Car
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Official Trailer Released By Marvel After Leak - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Lawrence Shows the Guys Just How Chopping Down Trees is Done in 'Serena' Clip - Watch Now!