David Gilmour's Wife Says New Pink Floyd Album Will Debut in October
However, the band's current label home, Warner, has yet to confirm the release.
Pink Floyd may be releasing a new record this fall, according to guitarist David Gilmour's wife Polly Samson, who tweeted (and possibly leaked?) the news earlier this morning.
"Btw Pink Floyd album out in October is called "The Endless River". Based on 1994 sessions is Rick Wright's swansong and very beautiful," Samson wrote on Twitter.
Consequence of Sound reports that touring vocalist Durga McBroom-Hudson, who sang backup with the band throughout the 1980s and 1990s, provided further proof on her Facebook page later in the day, posting a photo from a recording session, confirming that the record will consist of "all unreleased material."
The band's current label home, Warner, has yet to confirm the release.
If the reports are true, The Endless River would come just in time to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the band's final album, 1994's The Division Bell; the "new" material would have been recorded around the same time. Gilmour currently has a solo album in the works; no word on whether Roger Waters will have been included, but his last appearance on a Floyd record was in 1983 with The Final Cut, and he reportedly has a new solo album in the works.
Keyboardist Rick Wright -- whose membership in Pink Floyd fluctuated over the years, thanks to a brief exit in 1979 stemming from clashes with Waters while recording The Wall, a stint as a live session musician while the band toured that album, and an official reentry into the band by the time Division Bell was released -- died at 65 of cancer in 2008.
A version of this article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch