David Guetta and Usher Reteam for 'Crazy' New Record
The DJ tells THR that he and his "Without You" collaborator are currently in the studio mixing up a new hit.
Coachella festival attendees got to see the smash collaboration "Without You" live when R&B star Usher joined David Guetta for a surprise performance in the California desert last weekend. And it appears the two music stars are spending even more time together as the duo prepares a new offering for fans.
Speaking with THR at a Monday taping for MTV's America's Best Dance Crew, the DJ admitted that he and Usher are currently collaborating on a new project.
"Actually we are," he said. "These are really big records that we're working on right now. It's really crazy."
Guetta kept mum on the gritty details of the upcoming track -- or is it tracks? -- only reiterating that fans can expect "something really, really, really, crazy." As if we'd expect anything less!
Guetta also revealed that one of Coachella's most talked about cameos happened to be a surprise to him, too.
"It was a total surprise even for me," he said. "I was playing, and then he came to hang out and just to have a good time. Then I saw him on the side of the stage and I gave him the sign. He was like, 'Do you want me to do it with you? To come on stage?' and I was like, 'Hell yeah! Of course!'"
"We improvised something, it was just great," he continued. "I had a drum machine and we just improvised some really, really cool kind of special remix that we did live."
The France native also noted that while in Los Angeles, he intends to meet with other top talent to brew up some new hits. Among his previous collaborations are "Turn Me On" with Nicki Minaj, "Sexy Chick" with Akon and "Memories" with Kid Cudi, to name a few.
"Lately I've been focusing more on making straight club beats, a little bit more underground," he said. "I'm gonna start [meeting artists] because me being in Los Angeles, there's a lot of talent here. ... There's always something happening. Every time I come to Los Angeles it's so tempting. You go to a studio and it's like, 'Oh, you're here?' and you meet so many people. I love being here for this, because it's a lot of inspiration."
America's Best Dance Crew airs Wednesday's at 10 p.m. ET/PT. This week's episode will feature the music of Madonna, while Guetta's episode is slated to debut later this season.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014