David Lynch to Direct Nine Inch Nails Video
The filmmaker will collaborate on a clip for "Came Back Haunted," the debut single off the group's latest album.
David Lynch is set to direct the music video for the Nine Inch Nails comeback single "Came Back Haunted."
Trent Reznor, frontman for the industrial group, tweeted a photo on Wednesday captioned "tr;dl" that hinted at the news. The Nine Inch Nails and How to Destroy Angels artist has explained in multiple interviews that his music has been inspired by the films of Lynch.
"Came Back Haunted" is the debut single for Nine Inch Nails' latest album, Hesitation Marks, set for release on Sept. 3. The band officially signed with Columbia Records last month, the label which also released Reznor's How to Destroy Angels debut, Welcome Oblivion.
"For the last year I’ve been secretly working nonstop with Atticus Ross and Alan Moulder on a new, full-length Nine Inch Nails record, which I am happy to say is finished and frankly f---ing great," Reznor wrote when the album was announced in May.
Meanwhile, Lynch is also planning on releasing a new album, entitled The Big Dream, on July 16, but has not set a tour. (The video for "I'm Waiting Here," the single off of Big Dream, was released a little over a week ago.)
Last year, Lynch directed the music video for "Crazy Clown Time," the title single off his first solo effort. And he helmed the concert video for Duran Duran's "Unstaged" live concert video in 2011.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty