'Dead in Tombstone' Soundtrack Sets Release Date (Exclusive)
UK-based band Hybrid were "pushed to re-invent a western score" for the straight-to-video action feature, which stars Danny Trejo, Anthony Michael Hall and Mickey Rourke.
The soundtrack for Universal's straight-to-video action/horror feature Dead in Tombstone will be released by Back Lot Records Oct. 15, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively. The film's soundtrack will feature new music from UK-based electronic group Hybrid, which consists of composers Michael Truman, Chris Healings and Charlotte James.
"Director Roel Reine wanted us to deliver a contemporary score for a traditional film with a unique twist," the group said in a statement. Since their debut album Wide Angle in 1999, the group has incorporated filmic elements to their sound, though they claim that meeting the western feel of Dead in Tombstone was a challenge, admitting that "From the outset, [the film] was perhaps a genre of film we hadn't been associated with before."
Dead in Tombstone, starring Danny Trejo, Anthony Michael Hall and Mickey Rourke, is now available digitally but will be released on Blu-ray and DVD October 22 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years