'Dead in Tombstone' Soundtrack Sets Release Date (Exclusive)
UK-based band Hybrid were "pushed to re-invent a western score" for the straight-to-video action feature, which stars Danny Trejo, Anthony Michael Hall and Mickey Rourke.
The soundtrack for Universal's straight-to-video action/horror feature Dead in Tombstone will be released by Back Lot Records Oct. 15, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively. The film's soundtrack will feature new music from UK-based electronic group Hybrid, which consists of composers Michael Truman, Chris Healings and Charlotte James.
"Director Roel Reine wanted us to deliver a contemporary score for a traditional film with a unique twist," the group said in a statement. Since their debut album Wide Angle in 1999, the group has incorporated filmic elements to their sound, though they claim that meeting the western feel of Dead in Tombstone was a challenge, admitting that "From the outset, [the film] was perhaps a genre of film we hadn't been associated with before."
Dead in Tombstone, starring Danny Trejo, Anthony Michael Hall and Mickey Rourke, is now available digitally but will be released on Blu-ray and DVD October 22 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment.
What's Hot In Music
- Asylum Film Or Children's Book With Tara Reid And Ian Ziering, Stars of 'Sharknado 2'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Explains How Batman Is Like Pussy Riot
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler