Deadmau5 Slams Playboy Model Tricia Evans for Colorado Shooting Tweet
The EDM leader calls her a "shit" after she posted a crass, unfunny joke about Friday's massacre in Aurora, Colo.
Electronic dance music superstar Deadmau5 was not amused when Playboy model Tricia Evans attempted an inarguably unamusing, deeply crass joke on Twitter related to Friday's massacre in Colorado.
"I heard the new Batman movie is really 'to die for'!" she wrote after news broke of the rampage at a Dark Knight Rises screening that claimed 12 lives and left dozens wounded. Added Evans: "Too soon?"
Deadmau5's response: "good to know @HollywoodTricia i seriously had no idea how big of a shit you are. unfollowed."
The musician's tweet appears to have been deleted from his Twitter page, but has been screengrabbed via the Huffpo. On Friday, Deadmau5 also wrote: "my thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families in Colorado during this most troublesome time. :\ such senselessness."
Meanwhile, Evans -- facing a barrage of outraged tweets from critics -- has been on the defense, writing: "Most of the people I've heard from r walking, talking bags of shit & deadmau5 is the moral police. LOL."
(She boasts some 3,000 followers on the micro-blogging site to Deadmau5's nearly 1.3 million.)
Deadmau (real name: Joel Zimmerman) is no stranger to a social-media feud. Earlier this year, the EDM leader took on a much bigger fish when he scolded Madonna for what he perceived as her casual use of a slang term for the drug ecstasy from the stage at the Ultra Music Festival.
Back in March, the pop queen took the stage stage to introduce Swedish DJ Avicii, yelling to the crowd, "How many people in this crowd have seen Molly?"
Riled up, Zimmerman blasted Madonna in an 800-word rant posted to his Tumblr page and on Facebook, where he called the 53-year-old a "f----ing IDIOT" and questioned, "That's your big message to ultra attendies? hipsterspeak for looking for drugs? F--- off."
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Zoe Saldana Gets Gifted Two Halloween Costumes For Twins in 'Queen Latifah Show' Exclusive Video
- Oscar de la Renta Dead - Legendary Fashion Designer Dies at 82
- Pregnant Blake Lively Accentuates Baby Bump with a Beaming Ryan Reynolds By Her Side!
- Rachel Bilson Gets a Checkup Before Her Baby's Arrival!