Dee Snider Denounces Paul Ryan's Use of 'We're Not Gonna Take It'
The Twisted Sister frontman says there's "almost nothing on which" he agrees with Mitt Romney's running mate, "except perhaps the use of the P90X."
Dee Snider is not going to take it anymore.
The Twisted Sister singer has released a statement condemning Paul Ryan for campaigning with the metal band's 1984 hit, "We're Not Gonna Take It."
"I emphatically denounce Paul Ryan's use of my song 'We're Not Gonna Take It' as recorded by my band Twisted Sister," Snider says in a statement (via the L.A. Times). "There is almost nothing on which I agree with Paul Ryan, except perhaps the use of the P90X."
(If you're not aware of "the P90X," it's a grueling 90-day workout routine of which the 42-year-old Wisconsin congressman is a fierce devotee. Apparently, Snider is a fan, too.)
According to the AP, Ryan's rep, Brandon Buck, emailed this reply to Snider's comments: "We're Not Gonna Play It anymore."
Snider's not the only rocker to become ruffled over Ryan endorsing a song -- and twisting its intended message, so to speak. Last week, Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello raged against Ryan for playing his music, sniping: "Charles Manson loved the Beatles but didn't understand them. Gov. Chris Christie loves Bruce Springsteen but doesn't understand him. And Paul Ryan is clueless about his favorite band, Rage Against the Machine."
Then there was that (possibly plagiarized) cease-and-desist letter sent to Romney by the indie outfit Silversun Pickups, demanding he stop using their song "Panic Switch" at campaign rallies. "We don't like people going behind our backs, using our music without asking, and we don't like the Romney campaign," stated singer/guitarist Brian Aubert in a release, adding: "We're nice, approachable people. We won't bite. Unless you're Mitt Romney!"
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'