Demi Lovato Unveils 'Demi' Album with 'Release Timer' Twitter Campaign
New songs become worldwide trending topics as singer's fourth album premieres in full.
Demi Lovato's fourth studio album, Demi, doesn't hit stores until next Tuesday -- May 14 -- but the pop singer is currently unveiling the new full-length in its entirety through a time-themed Twitter campaign in which fans can "unlock" new songs by making them trending topics.
On Monday afternoon, Lovato asked her 13.7 million Twitter followers, "Who wants to hear my album RIGHT NOW???" and offered a link to her website, which redirected to the URL lovaticsspeeduptime.com. The site displays a timeline featuring all of the album's 13 songs, as well as a large clock that turns as more fans tweet out, in order, the song titles in the track list.
"Tweet the hashtag above to speed up time!" a message on the site reads, and the hands of the clock turn while each new song is "unlocked." So far, "Without the Love," "Neon Lights" and "Two Pieces" have become worldwide trending topics before they were unveiled in completed form, and the campaign garnered over 100,000 tweets within an hour's time.
Demi, due out next week on Hollywood Records, is Lovato's highly anticipated follow-up to 2011's Unbroken, which spawned the smash single "Give Your Heart a Break." "Heart Attack," Lovato's current single, clocked in at No. 12 on last week's Hot 100 chart.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Interview: Sinéad O'Connor Isn't Bossy; She's the Boss
- Princeton Mom Doesn't Want 'Sugar Babies' To Sully The Good Ivy League Name
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Is Still Continuing Her Yoga Workouts
- Pregnant Megan Hilty & Her Hubby 'Bully' Audiences Into Buying Her Album to Help Pay For Their Baby's Education!
- Kim Kardashian Satisfies Her Sweet Tooth with Some Fro-Yo
- Mary-Kate Olsen Adds Horseback Riding to Her Resume - See Her Competition Pics!