Demi Lovato Unveils 'Demi' Album with 'Release Timer' Twitter Campaign
New songs become worldwide trending topics as singer's fourth album premieres in full.
Demi Lovato's fourth studio album, Demi, doesn't hit stores until next Tuesday -- May 14 -- but the pop singer is currently unveiling the new full-length in its entirety through a time-themed Twitter campaign in which fans can "unlock" new songs by making them trending topics.
On Monday afternoon, Lovato asked her 13.7 million Twitter followers, "Who wants to hear my album RIGHT NOW???" and offered a link to her website, which redirected to the URL lovaticsspeeduptime.com. The site displays a timeline featuring all of the album's 13 songs, as well as a large clock that turns as more fans tweet out, in order, the song titles in the track list.
"Tweet the hashtag above to speed up time!" a message on the site reads, and the hands of the clock turn while each new song is "unlocked." So far, "Without the Love," "Neon Lights" and "Two Pieces" have become worldwide trending topics before they were unveiled in completed form, and the campaign garnered over 100,000 tweets within an hour's time.
Demi, due out next week on Hollywood Records, is Lovato's highly anticipated follow-up to 2011's Unbroken, which spawned the smash single "Give Your Heart a Break." "Heart Attack," Lovato's current single, clocked in at No. 12 on last week's Hot 100 chart.
What's Hot In Music
- The Letterman Years: Stories From Behind the Scenes of the Show That Changed Comedy Forever
- Mad Max: Fury Road Trailer: At the Very End of the World, Everything Looks Insane
- The Daily Show’s Trevor Noah Is Already in Trouble on Twitter [Updated]
- Ludacris on Ludaversal, Paul Walker, and Reinventing Himself
- 'The Breakfast Club': Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy Look Back 30 Years Later (EXCLUSIVE)
- Don't Mess With Melissa McCarthy in New 'Spy' Trailer
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Recap: Most Couples Sizzle and Few Fizzle on Latin Night
- 'Furious 7' Star Dwayne Johnson on Family, Cheesy Lines, and 'Furious 8' (VIDEO)