Destiny's Child Release New Song 'Nuclear,' Set Super Bowl Halftime Show Performance (Audio)
The Beyonce-led trio will mark their return with a performance at the NFL's biggest game.
Now that they've got babies, solo albums and campaigning for future presidents out of their systems, the members of Destiny's Child are ready to step back onto the biggest stage in the world.
After an eight-year hiatus -- and assumed retirement -- Beyonce, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams will reunite for a performance during the 2013 Super Bowl Halftime Show. Us Weekly reports that Beyonce will kick off the show solo but will be joined by groupmates Rowland and Williams to perform their new single "Nuclear" off the upcoming album “Love Songs,” which is set to drop later this month.
Along with a new single from the group, Beyonce is scheduled to end the show with a track from her own upcoming album, a project she’s been collaborating on with the likes of Justin Timberlake, Pharrell and Timbaland.
The album, her fifth, has yet to score a release date, but the singer is more than happy to show her love for the upcoming reunion, posting on Tumblr, "I am so proud to announce the first original Destiny's Child music in eight years!"
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Sam Rockwell on 'Laggies,' Dancing in Movies, and Playing More Subdued Roles
- Zelda Williams Honors Late Father Robin Williams With New Tattoo
- Weekend Movies & TV: 'John Wick,' 'The Hunger Games,' 'Jane the Virgin,' & More (VIDEO)
- James Spader Says His 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Villain Is 'Bats--t Crazy'
- Colin Farrell Gets Thrown Into the Mix For 'Doctor Strange' Role
- Lupita Nyong’o & Benedict Cumberbatch Get Together to Host Bally's Flagship Store Opening Party!
- Sarah Paulson Explains Why It's Difficult & Exhausting to Play Conjoined Twins on 'AHS'
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Shares One of the Most Important Makeup Skills She's Learned