Devo Announces Mitt Romney Dog Song, 'Don't Roof Rack Me, Bro! (Remember Seamus)'
The New Wave legends are releasing the new single to draw attention to the infamous family trip incident.
While many supporters of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney might prefer the Devo songs "Praying Hands" or "Devo Corporate Anthem," it's a new tune that Gerald V. Casale and his off-beat, energy dome-wearing friends are dedicating to the former Massachusetts governor.
The group announced on Tuesday that it will be releasing a song later this month called "Don't Roof Rack Me Bro! (Remember Seamus)," as part of an effort to keep in the spotlight one of Romney's more embarrassing anecdotes: during a long-ago family road trip, he kept his Irish setter dog Seamus in a roof rack-attached cage on the top of his car. An important detail: the dog had diarrhea, which Romney dealth with by hosing down his car and keeping Seamus' fur flowing in the wind.
Casale is also launching a website called RememberSeamus.com, which aims to make 2012 the year where "animals like Seamus are valued and honesty is praised," and voters are given "the dog's honest truth."
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot In Music
- Cersei's Major 'Game Of Thrones' Nude Scene Is Officially Going To Happen
- Kim Kardashian Takes Her Crop Top To The Next Level With A Deep V-Neck
- Famous Women Point Out Exactly Why Leaking Nude Photos Is So Very Wrong
- Melissa Rivers Confirms Mother Joan Is On Life Support, Thanks Fans For Their Kindness
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Jason Statham Grab Brunch in Malibu for Labor Day!
- Uma Thurman Joins Co-Stars to Premiere 'Nymphomaniac - Vol. II' at Venice Film Festival
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Hold Hands After Romantic Mexico Getaway
- Lady Gaga Reunites with Pet Pooch Asia at LAX Airport - Watch the Adorable Video!