Dr. Dre Insists Tupac Hologram Was 'Strictly For Coachella' (Video)
"I want to get rid of all the rumors out there," said the rapper in a video shot backstage at the California music festival.
The inaccurately-titled Tupac Shakur hologram (a.k.a. the "Holopac") may not be going on a tour anytime soon, at least according to Dr. Dre who spoke last night backstage at Coachella in Indio, Calif. "It was strictly for Coachella, get it right," Dr. Dre said in a video interview posted on YouTube. "I want to get rid of all the rumors out there. This was not done for a tour."
The Tupac 2D figure's spectacular debut during Snoop and Dr. Dre's Coachella performance last weekend led to speculation the virtual hip-hop legend might soon be going on tour.
Dre, however, didn't rule out the possibility: "If a tour happens, we'll see," adding "this was done strictly for Coachella 2012, baby, just for you."
Dr. Dre thanked the companies AV Concepts and Digital Domain who made his "dream come to life." The professional showman ended the 54-second video interview by explaining the rigorous demands of live performance. "Now I gotta get my ass on stage and rock this motherf---er," he said.
Watch Dre's message to fans in the video below:
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Chris Pine on 'Into the Woods,' 'Star Trek 3,' and His 'Jack Ryan' Regret (EXCLUSIVE)
- Mike Colter to Play Luke Cage for Marvel Netflix Series 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- J.K. Rowling Doesn't Understand the Love for Draco Malfoy
- May the Wax Be Ever in Your Favor: Katniss Everdeen Gets Madame Tussauds Treatment
- Lea Michele Holds Hands with Her Boyfriend Matthew Paetz In These Cute New Photos!
- Hailee Steinfeld Parties It Up for Her 18th Birthday Surrounded By Her Celebrity Friends - See the Pics!
- Gwyneth Paltrow Celebrated Hanukkah at the White House!
- Miguel Surprises Fans with Three New Songs (JJ Music Monday)