Dr. Dre Insists Tupac Hologram Was 'Strictly For Coachella' (Video)
"I want to get rid of all the rumors out there," said the rapper in a video shot backstage at the California music festival.
The inaccurately-titled Tupac Shakur hologram (a.k.a. the "Holopac") may not be going on a tour anytime soon, at least according to Dr. Dre who spoke last night backstage at Coachella in Indio, Calif. "It was strictly for Coachella, get it right," Dr. Dre said in a video interview posted on YouTube. "I want to get rid of all the rumors out there. This was not done for a tour."
The Tupac 2D figure's spectacular debut during Snoop and Dr. Dre's Coachella performance last weekend led to speculation the virtual hip-hop legend might soon be going on tour.
Dre, however, didn't rule out the possibility: "If a tour happens, we'll see," adding "this was done strictly for Coachella 2012, baby, just for you."
Dr. Dre thanked the companies AV Concepts and Digital Domain who made his "dream come to life." The professional showman ended the 54-second video interview by explaining the rigorous demands of live performance. "Now I gotta get my ass on stage and rock this motherf---er," he said.
Watch Dre's message to fans in the video below:
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Free Yourselves From the Shackles of Spoilers! Life Is Too Short.
- I Want Rom-Com TV to Flourish, But ABC’s Manhattan Love Story Is Not Helping at All
- Watch the Trailer for Taken 3, Which Is Actually Called Tak3n
- The Creators of Family Guy Must Have a Major Inferiority Complex When It Comes to The Simpsons
- Justin Bieber Grabs Dinner with Kendall Jenner in Paris
- Aretha Franklin Sings 'Rolling in the Deep' Live & Totally Kills It - Watch Now!
- Channing Tatum & His Huge Muscles Continue Filming 'Magic Mike XXL' - See the New Photos!
- Kendall Jenner & Cara Delevingne Carry Protest Signs After Paris Fashion Show