Dr. Dre Insists Tupac Hologram Was 'Strictly For Coachella' (Video)
"I want to get rid of all the rumors out there," said the rapper in a video shot backstage at the California music festival.
The inaccurately-titled Tupac Shakur hologram (a.k.a. the "Holopac") may not be going on a tour anytime soon, at least according to Dr. Dre who spoke last night backstage at Coachella in Indio, Calif. "It was strictly for Coachella, get it right," Dr. Dre said in a video interview posted on YouTube. "I want to get rid of all the rumors out there. This was not done for a tour."
The Tupac 2D figure's spectacular debut during Snoop and Dr. Dre's Coachella performance last weekend led to speculation the virtual hip-hop legend might soon be going on tour.
Dre, however, didn't rule out the possibility: "If a tour happens, we'll see," adding "this was done strictly for Coachella 2012, baby, just for you."
Dr. Dre thanked the companies AV Concepts and Digital Domain who made his "dream come to life." The professional showman ended the 54-second video interview by explaining the rigorous demands of live performance. "Now I gotta get my ass on stage and rock this motherf---er," he said.
Watch Dre's message to fans in the video below:
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio is Rapping 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!
- Hilary Duff & 'OITNB' Stars Take Over iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Girl Meets World's Sabrina Carpenter Releases 'The Middle of Starting Over' Video - Watch Now!