Dr. Dre Insists Tupac Hologram Was 'Strictly For Coachella' (Video)
"I want to get rid of all the rumors out there," said the rapper in a video shot backstage at the California music festival.
The inaccurately-titled Tupac Shakur hologram (a.k.a. the "Holopac") may not be going on a tour anytime soon, at least according to Dr. Dre who spoke last night backstage at Coachella in Indio, Calif. "It was strictly for Coachella, get it right," Dr. Dre said in a video interview posted on YouTube. "I want to get rid of all the rumors out there. This was not done for a tour."
The Tupac 2D figure's spectacular debut during Snoop and Dr. Dre's Coachella performance last weekend led to speculation the virtual hip-hop legend might soon be going on tour.
Dre, however, didn't rule out the possibility: "If a tour happens, we'll see," adding "this was done strictly for Coachella 2012, baby, just for you."
Dr. Dre thanked the companies AV Concepts and Digital Domain who made his "dream come to life." The professional showman ended the 54-second video interview by explaining the rigorous demands of live performance. "Now I gotta get my ass on stage and rock this motherf---er," he said.
Watch Dre's message to fans in the video below:
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- 10 Reimagined Disney Posters Bring Your Favorite Childhood Characters Back To Life
- DOCUMENTARY: How One Email Changed One Guy's Life... Forever
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Sex Toy On Twitter, Should Seriously Be Taught What TMI Means
- Here's Everything Wrong With 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull'
- Diane Kruger Ties Up Her Shirt to Reveal Her Flat Stomach
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reenacts YouTube Viral Sensation 'David at the Dentist' - Watch Now!
- Michelle Obama Hosts Women in Soul Event, President Barack Obama Flubs Spelling of Aretha Franklin's 'Respect'
- Find Out How Oprah Winfrey Got Fooled By Princess Diana!