Dr. Dre Insists Tupac Hologram Was 'Strictly For Coachella' (Video)
"I want to get rid of all the rumors out there," said the rapper in a video shot backstage at the California music festival.
The inaccurately-titled Tupac Shakur hologram (a.k.a. the "Holopac") may not be going on a tour anytime soon, at least according to Dr. Dre who spoke last night backstage at Coachella in Indio, Calif. "It was strictly for Coachella, get it right," Dr. Dre said in a video interview posted on YouTube. "I want to get rid of all the rumors out there. This was not done for a tour."
The Tupac 2D figure's spectacular debut during Snoop and Dr. Dre's Coachella performance last weekend led to speculation the virtual hip-hop legend might soon be going on tour.
Dre, however, didn't rule out the possibility: "If a tour happens, we'll see," adding "this was done strictly for Coachella 2012, baby, just for you."
Dr. Dre thanked the companies AV Concepts and Digital Domain who made his "dream come to life." The professional showman ended the 54-second video interview by explaining the rigorous demands of live performance. "Now I gotta get my ass on stage and rock this motherf---er," he said.
Watch Dre's message to fans in the video below:
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Ice Cube Talks N.W.A. Movie, Alan Cumming Recalls Shia's 'Cabaret' Arrest (VIDEO)
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Makes First Offiical Appearance Since Suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum - See The Pics Here!
- Orlando Bloom & Selena Gomez Walk Just Steps Apart From Each Other at the Airport
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Adds British Actor Max Brown to Season Two!
- Jude Law & Colin Firth Film 'Genius' Together in the Rain!