Drake Announces Partnership With Jordan Brand
The rapper announced his new deal during his Would You Like a Tour? show Tuesday.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
As Kanye West parts ways with Nike, Drake partners with the brand.
During his Would You Like a Tour? show in Portland, Ore., last night (Dec. 3), also where the Nike headquarters are located, Drake announced his new deal with Jordan brand.
"Today also happens to be one of the best days of my life. Growing up, I'm sure we all idolized this guy, he goes by the name of Michael Jordan. So today, I came to Portland and officially became inducted into the Team Jordan family."
Drake took to Instagram soon thereafter to share photos of two offerings from their collaboration: AIr Jordan 10s and OVO Stingray 12s.
Jordan announced the partnership early this morning on Twitter, tweeting: "He's home. Welcome the newest member of #TeamJordan: @Drake."
— Jordan (@Jumpman23) December 4, 2013
What's Hot In Music
- Mo’Nique Says She Was Supposed to Play Empire’s Cookie First
- Felicity Huffman on American Crime and Playing an Unlikable Character
- Read an Annotated Excerpt From Adam Rapp’s Novel Know Your Beholder
- Vince Vaughn Got Photoshopped Into Cheesy Stock Photos Because This Is How You Promote a Movie in 2015
- 'Guardians,' 'Fault in Our Stars,' 'Neighbors' Dominate MTV Movie Award Noms
- See What Happens When 'When Wes Anderson Meets 'X-Men' (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: Ansel Elgort's Embarrassing Bruce Willis Story, Norman Reedus' Best Fan-Licking Requests (VIDEO)
- Recap of Pretty Little Liars Season 5 Episode 22: To Plea or Not To Plea