Drake Announces Partnership With Jordan Brand
The rapper announced his new deal during his Would You Like a Tour? show Tuesday.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
As Kanye West parts ways with Nike, Drake partners with the brand.
During his Would You Like a Tour? show in Portland, Ore., last night (Dec. 3), also where the Nike headquarters are located, Drake announced his new deal with Jordan brand.
"Today also happens to be one of the best days of my life. Growing up, I'm sure we all idolized this guy, he goes by the name of Michael Jordan. So today, I came to Portland and officially became inducted into the Team Jordan family."
Drake took to Instagram soon thereafter to share photos of two offerings from their collaboration: AIr Jordan 10s and OVO Stingray 12s.
Jordan announced the partnership early this morning on Twitter, tweeting: "He's home. Welcome the newest member of #TeamJordan: @Drake."
— Jordan (@Jumpman23) December 4, 2013
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014