Drake Announces Partnership With Jordan Brand
The rapper announced his new deal during his Would You Like a Tour? show Tuesday.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
As Kanye West parts ways with Nike, Drake partners with the brand.
During his Would You Like a Tour? show in Portland, Ore., last night (Dec. 3), also where the Nike headquarters are located, Drake announced his new deal with Jordan brand.
"Today also happens to be one of the best days of my life. Growing up, I'm sure we all idolized this guy, he goes by the name of Michael Jordan. So today, I came to Portland and officially became inducted into the Team Jordan family."
Drake took to Instagram soon thereafter to share photos of two offerings from their collaboration: AIr Jordan 10s and OVO Stingray 12s.
Jordan announced the partnership early this morning on Twitter, tweeting: "He's home. Welcome the newest member of #TeamJordan: @Drake."
— Jordan (@Jumpman23) December 4, 2013
What's Hot In Music
- Do I Really Need to Watch Empire? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- The New Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Finally Shows Paul Bettany’s Vision
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Recap: Trippin’ in Amsterdam
- Self/less Trailer: Imagine You Looked Like Ben Kingsley But Then Got to Look Like Ryan Reynolds
- Here's a Sneak Peek at the Wedding in 'The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' (EXCLUSIVE)
- New 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Features a Lot More Superhero Action
- 'Guardians,' 'Fault in Our Stars,' 'Neighbors' Dominate MTV Movie Award Noms
- See What Happens When 'When Wes Anderson Meets 'X-Men' (VIDEO)
- Daniel von Bargen Dead - 'Seinfeld' Actor Dies at 64 From Undisclosed Illness
- Courteney Cox Calls Ed Sheeran 'Amazing' For BRIT Awards 2015 Performance
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Final Trailer Released - Watch Now!
- Scott Eastwood Goes Shirtless, Spoofs the 'Bachelor' in 'Bachelor for Dogs' Video - Watch Now!