Drake Announces Partnership With Jordan Brand
The rapper announced his new deal during his Would You Like a Tour? show Tuesday.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
As Kanye West parts ways with Nike, Drake partners with the brand.
During his Would You Like a Tour? show in Portland, Ore., last night (Dec. 3), also where the Nike headquarters are located, Drake announced his new deal with Jordan brand.
"Today also happens to be one of the best days of my life. Growing up, I'm sure we all idolized this guy, he goes by the name of Michael Jordan. So today, I came to Portland and officially became inducted into the Team Jordan family."
Drake took to Instagram soon thereafter to share photos of two offerings from their collaboration: AIr Jordan 10s and OVO Stingray 12s.
Jordan announced the partnership early this morning on Twitter, tweeting: "He's home. Welcome the newest member of #TeamJordan: @Drake."
— Jordan (@Jumpman23) December 4, 2013
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Nina Dobrev & Damon Wayans, Jr. Play 'Let's Be Cops' at Comic-Con 2014
- Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Get Cleaned Up at Her House After Sweaty Workout
- Kit Harington & Nikolaj Coster Waldau Make Us Laugh With 'Game of Thrones' Bloopers Reel - Watch Now!
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Roll Up Their Jeans For LAX Landing